Visa application / choice / price

Old Aug 2nd 2015, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Vicci33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa application / choice / price

You in Aus?? ... Can you do any type of work with it? ... I've millions of questions about this one... Do you know where I can find any conditions and restrictions whilst using the bridging visa??
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vicci33
You in Aus?? ... Can you do any type of work with it? ... I've millions of questions about this one... Do you know where I can find any conditions and restrictions whilst using the bridging visa??
I am in Australia and, since my bridging visa kicked in, I am allowed to work and study. Not allowed to travel without applying for permission first.

I cannot say for sure that all bridging visa's are the same though as I am not an expert in immigration - just an ordinary punter going through the immigration process.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Well it all helps so thank you... Was finding work easy enough... I know some areas are pretty quiet and some have quite a lot going... I'm hoping to be over there around January...

Am I right assuming you have gone about this the same way I'm considering?? ... How soon after getting there have you submitted your partner application if you don't mind me asking?
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 7:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well it all helps so thank you... Was finding work easy enough... I know some areas are pretty quiet and some have quite a lot going... I'm hoping to be over there around January...

Am I right assuming you have gone about this the same way I'm considering?? ... How soon after getting there have you submitted your partner application if you don't mind me asking?
There are different rules for Bridging visas depending on what you are bridging from and to, but if you are on a Bridging Visa waiting for a Spouse Visa the yes, you definitely have full working rights.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

I came to Australia on a 12 month tourist visa which allowed multiple entries - it actually lasted almost 2 years.

Your bridging visa will not kick in until your tourist visa (or whatever visa you arrive on) expires so you will not be able to work until then. In other words, if you come over on a 12 month visa you won't be able to work until it expires, regardless of when you apply for your partner visa.

If working is important to you then the shorter the initial visa is then the sooner you'll be able to work. My bridging visa was issued within two days of applying for my partner visa but it was not valid until my tourist visa expired.

With regard to work I started my own business so I've never actually looked for a job.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Yeah work is pretty much essential asap if I'm honest... Help cover the lovely cost of my visa haha... No seriously though I do need work as soon as, I've plenty qualifications so hopefully won't be too hard....

I do also need to arrange school too, I've been in touch with two and they've just really said to get in touch when I'm there... Any ideas if children can be immediately enrolled? ... I did send off a couple of emails regarding this however only got one reply... Which answered none of my questions...

Sorry I've sooo many things to ask they keep popping into my head as I talk... And sorry I'm sooo long winded too... Grateful though 😊
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 2:41 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah work is pretty much essential asap if I'm honest... Help cover the lovely cost of my visa haha... No seriously though I do need work as soon as, I've plenty qualifications so hopefully won't be too hard....

I do also need to arrange school too, I've been in touch with two and they've just really said to get in touch when I'm there... Any ideas if children can be immediately enrolled? ... I did send off a couple of emails regarding this however only got one reply... Which answered none of my questions...

Sorry I've sooo many things to ask they keep popping into my head as I talk... And sorry I'm sooo long winded too... Grateful though 😊
Might be hard put to get them into school while on tourist visas, and you may have to pay international fees. Once on the Bridging Visa it might be easier (and cheaper).
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

That was one of the things I had asked one of the schools, as I thought it may be difficult being on the tourist visa... Just thought I'd mention it as someone may know a little until I find what I'm looking for.. Thank you
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:24 pm
Home and Happy

That was one of the things I had asked one of the schools, as I thought it may be difficult being on the tourist visa... Just thought I'd mention it as someone may know a little until I find what I'm looking for.. Thank you
If you post in the main Aus forum here you might get replies from people more in the know about schools
Old Aug 4th 2015, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you meet the defacto requirements for the partner visa.

Another potential option might be within the skilled visas if eligible and it works with your timescales.

Benefits, cheaper $3,600 and you obtain permanent residence once granted (rather than bridging visa then temporary residence leading to permanent residence assuming relationship remains ongoing).
Negatives are the time scale involved, whilst it can be granted in 3 months. The reality is that usually the additional requirements mean that it takes longer and you may wish to be working asap.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:16 pm
Banned

mediman is an unknown quantity at this point

Vicci33,

Tourist to Partner visa as mentioned before would be your best, quickest and easiest bet however there are a couple of points that you need to know that haven't been mentioned.

1. It is unlikely, but make sure your tourist visit does not have a "no further stay" condition applied to it when it is granted. If it does it means you cannot stay further in the country for any reason once the tourist visa expires e.g. by applying for another visa. Normally applied where immigration believe there is a risk of the person overstaying. So read the small print of your tourist visa.

2. Bear in mind you are arriving as a tourist on a tourist visa. There is nothing wrong with arriving as a tourist on a tourist visa then deciding you want to stay by applying for PR. However as far as immigration are concerned it would be wrong for you to enter the country on a tourist visa if your intention at entry was to stay as a PR. That's what the other PR visa's are for. So for example if immigration were to discover birth certificates, degree certificates and CV's in a tourists luggage there's a high chance they would cancel their tourist visa and turn them away. Immigration have the right to cancel anyones visa if they see fit, including SmartGate passport users.

Something to be aware of.

Medi.

Last edited by mediman; Aug 4th 2015 at 12:23 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Thank you 😊