Visa application / choice / price

Old Jul 30th 2015, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Vicci33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa application / choice / price

Heyyy,

Looking to leave England to relocate to Australia asap... I'm a little lost with all the above mentioned. I'm not looking to come back to England so ideally looking for the easiest quickest way to obtain PR.

I've completed skills assessment which I've to send a cv away to be assessed which is potentially the 190 or 489 visa... However, I can't find definitive pricing for either or time scale of processing if accepted so can anyone help on this??

The other option I have is a partner visa possibly but not sure which I may qualify for so any advice on those too is more than welcome...

Any help and advice welcome..

Thank you
Old Jul 30th 2015, 7:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application / choice / price

Originally Posted by Vicci33
Heyyy,

Looking to leave England to relocate to Australia asap... I'm a little lost with all the above mentioned. I'm not looking to come back to England so ideally looking for the easiest quickest way to obtain PR.

I've completed skills assessment which I've to send a cv away to be assessed which is potentially the 190 or 489 visa... However, I can't find definitive pricing for either or time scale of processing if accepted so can anyone help on this??

The other option I have is a partner visa possibly but not sure which I may qualify for so any advice on those too is more than welcome...

Any help and advice welcome..

Thank you
Fees and charges for visas

Sorry I don't have the link for visa timescales as I am travelling and only have my phone but I'm sure someone else can help there.

Partner visas -are you married? Or in a relationship with an Aussie citizen/PR? The latter usually (though not always) involves proving cohabitation for at least 12 months.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Ahhh thank you.... No I'm not married yet... Partner has PR Over there. Hoping time get there asap but I thought that may be the case am am unsure which visa is could get to stay there that long... I don't qualify for the working holiday however would need to work... So bit stuck and there's so many!!!

Last edited by Vicci33; Jul 30th 2015 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 11:20 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh thank you.... No I'm not married yet... Partner has PR Over there. Hoping time get there asap but I thought that may be the case am am unsure which visa is could get to stay there that long... I don't qualify for the working holiday however would need to work... So bit stuck and there's so many!!!
So is your partner over there and you are still in the uk?
have you looked at the possibility of registering your relationship? Depends what state he is in but that might do the trick.
Old Jul 30th 2015, 11:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If your partner has PR and is living in Australia then take a holiday over there on an eVisitor visa, register your relationship with the state government and apply onshore for a partner visa. You'll be given a bridging visa (BVA) that normally allows you to work after your tourist visa has expired whilst you wait for your partner visa to be processed (around 12 months).
Old Jul 30th 2015, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

You make that sound so simple... I've read a little about the evisa but not a great deal as I wasn't aware that would be an option... Is there a time limit on the evisa do you know or a certain type or they all the same?

Smiling for the first time in ages.. A viable achievable option!! ... Can't thank you enough!!

Is there still medicals etc with these not that it's an issue but like to know and also can children travel on the same visa type?
Old Jul 31st 2015, 12:08 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

An eVisitor visa (aka subclass 651) is a visitor visa which can apply for free online via the official DIBP website. It allows you to visit Australia for up to three months at a time. This is just to allow you to travel to Australia. Providing you have a British ePassport you can just use the automatic Smartgates to enter Australia - you don't need to queue up and speak to an immigration officer. If you have any children then they can also travel on this visa although your children (and thus you) won't be able to use the Smartgates if they are under 16.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-

Once you have arrived you can apply online for your partner visa (aka subclass 820/801). This is where it gets expensive. The current fee is AUS$6865. It's then a further AUS$1720 for each dependent child.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-
Old Jul 31st 2015, 8:30 am
Home and Happy

You make that sound so simple... I've read a little about the evisa but not a great deal as I wasn't aware that would be an option... Is there a time limit on the evisa do you know or a certain type or they all the same?

Smiling for the first time in ages.. A viable achievable option!! ... Can't thank you enough!!

Is there still medicals etc with these not that it's an issue but like to know and also can children travel on the same visa type?
Ther are no medicals for the evisitor, just for the actual Spouse visa itself-both for you and for any children included in the application.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
An eVisitor visa (aka subclass 651) is a visitor visa which can apply for free online via the official DIBP website. It allows you to visit Australia for up to three months at a time. This is just to allow you to travel to Australia. Providing you have a British ePassport you can just use the automatic Smartgates to enter Australia - you don't need to queue up and speak to an immigration officer. If you have any children then they can also travel on this visa although your children (and thus you) won't be able to use the Smartgates if they are under 16.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/651-

Once you have arrived you can apply online for your partner visa (aka subclass 820/801). This is where it gets expensive. The current fee is AUS$6865. It's then a further AUS$1720 for each dependent child.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-
Can't thank you enough!! ... I'll take a look tonight.

So grateful... Anything else you think might be helpful.. More than welcome 😊
Old Jul 31st 2015, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ther are no medicals for the evisitor, just for the actual Spouse visa itself-both for you and for any children included in the application.
Thank you so much...
Old Aug 1st 2015, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Looking at the visas again, I get the evisitor part... Straight forward... The bridging visa this says it's to be applied for if there are any immigration issues... Am I right in thinking I'm to apply for the partner visa & bridging visa more or less immediately when I arrive...

I have just read that the partner visa can take 12 to 15 months to process so I'm assuming the bridging visa will cover this period?
Old Aug 1st 2015, 6:33 pm

Apply for the partner visa and you'll usually receive the bridging visa automatically to cover the time from when your visitor visa expires until your partner visa is granted.

Edit: To answer the question in your other thread the bridging visa is free.

Last edited by BritInParis; Aug 1st 2015 at 6:50 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Haha thank you for both answers.. Very helpful thank you 😊
Old Aug 1st 2015, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Just want to double check because you know everything!!! ... You can work on bridging visas??
Old Aug 1st 2015, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

SoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond reputeSoCalDon has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to double check because you know everything!!! ... You can work on bridging visas??
I have a bridging visa for my 801/820 partner visa application and I AM allowed to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.