Visa application

Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application

Originally Posted by Ryan the wizard of the Oz
Is it possible, (just a suggestion) that we don't focus on me and focus on the person who's requiring advice? I think my suggestion was quite practical and beneficial, whether someone uses us or anyone else they should be MARA registered...that's the point I'm putting out there.
On that point, perhaps it would be for the best if you were to edit your signature to reflect that you are not MARA registered and perhaps not advertise yourself as a 'visa consultant' if you are only able to offer general advice and blogging
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
On that point, perhaps it would be for the best if you were to edit your signature to reflect that you are not MARA registered and perhaps not advertise yourself as a 'visa consultant' if you are only able to offer general advice and blogging
Indeed - Ryan, please amend your signature to reflect your level of expertise. Moderators may be accustomed to terminology, and to checking out agents on MARA but your average new poster is not
Old Feb 25th 2014, 3:57 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible, (just a suggestion) that we don't focus on me and focus on the person who's requiring advice? I think my suggestion was quite practical and beneficial, whether someone uses us or anyone else they should be MARA registered...that's the point I'm putting out there.
The OP had already received replies to his queries - and in case you haven't noticed we all spend a huge amount of time on here pointing out the importance of picking a MARA registered agent, if an agent is required
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:00 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Cooeydingers289
Yeah both ok in regard to the convictions/medical parts. Had a look at the skills assessments this morning, haven't applied for it yet though. Is this the first thing needing done before proceeding to start the visa process?
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index.htm and go for the Skilled Workers tab - that should help you find your way through the process
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Cooeydingers289 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/index.htm and go for the Skilled Workers tab - that should help you find your way through the process
Will do, thanks Polly. I also wasn't aware of MARA agents and as it's likely I'll go through one of them (not definitely but likely ) I'm glad they've been brought up here lol.

One last question...for now ! Is it true that you need a minimum amount saved e.g. 10grand savings? Are would need this for a family of 3? We'd be selling the house anyway so wouldn't be an issue, just curious.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Cooeydingers289
Will do, thanks Polly. I also wasn't aware of MARA agents and as it's likely I'll go through one of them (not definitely but likely ) I'm glad they've been brought up here lol.

One last question...for now ! Is it true that you need a minimum amount saved e.g. 10grand savings? Are would need this for a family of 3? We'd be selling the house anyway so wouldn't be an issue, just curious.
Some States do ask for proof of a certain amount of funds - you'd need to check current amounts if going for a State Sponsored visa.
For an independent visa though there is no figure, you can arrive with empty pockets, but its not cheap when you arrive somewhere and have to start from scratch so the more cash you have behind you the better
Old Feb 25th 2014, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Ryan the wizard of the Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Edit my signature to what!? It says visa consultant always has. In my post I emphasized that you should use a MARA agent for **processing** applications. With this company consultants don't do any paperwork, that's why we have a Mara agent lol. Please don't question my integrity again please as that has a reflection on the company as well.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 6:08 pm
Home and Happy

Edit my signature to what!? It says visa consultant always has. In my post I emphasized that you should use a MARA agent for **processing** applications. With this company consultants don't do any paperwork, that's why we have a Mara agent lol. Please don't question my integrity again please as that has a reflection on the company as well.
No-one has questioned your integrity, but putting Visa Consultant was leading some lay-people to assume that a consultant is tha same as an agent. Generally only registered agents and people who actually own the company they are promoting are allowed to advertise in signatures anyway...........
Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't question my integrity again please as that has a reflection on the company as well.
You're posting on a public forum. If you don't want comments made that you see as 'a reflection on the company', then wouldn't it be sensible to not mention the company's name at all??
Old Feb 26th 2014, 3:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're posting on a public forum. If you don't want comments made that you see as 'a reflection on the company', then wouldn't it be sensible to not mention the company's name at all??
Stop making so much sense! You know there's no place for that here.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 3:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Stop making so much sense! You know there's no place for that here.