Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Visa 489 Skilled regional sponsored - GRANTED

Visa 489 Skilled regional sponsored - GRANTED

Old Dec 21st 2015, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa 489 Skilled regional sponsored - GRANTED

Hi all,

I have been granted the above visa and wanted to say a BIG THANKS to the members of this community who provided the needed guidance and responses to the many questions I have posted.

Here is a quick breakdown of events:

EOI submitted - 02/07/2015
Visa application submitted - 07/07/2015
Visa granted - 21/12/2015

Not as easy as it looks at the face of it given the following also had to be done along the way:
- English test to mee the points requirement
- Chasing previous employers for detailed reference letters (for ACS)
- ACS application
- Police clearance
- Medicals (probs the easiest & quickest from this list!)

If anyone reads this post as far as here and happens to have any suggestions on getting my possessions moved across to AUS - probs 4 suitcases in total then please let me know as I am made to understand the baggage allowance for immigrants is measly.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 21st 2015, 5:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 489 Skilled regional sponsored - GRANTED

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all,

I have been granted the above visa and wanted to say a BIG THANKS to the members of this community who provided the needed guidance and responses to the many questions I have posted.

Not as easy as it looks at the face of it given the following also had to be done along the way:
- ACS application
- Police clearance

If anyone reads this post as far as here and happens to have any suggestions on getting my possessions moved across to AUS - probs 4 suitcases in total then please let me know as I am made to understand the baggage allowance for immigrants is measly.

Thanks again!
Congratulatiosn on getting the visa

As regards baggage allowance, these days migrants generally get the same as everyone else. You could look at paying excess baggage, or get a shipping firm to transport them.
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 7:39 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the airlines offer double allowance if travelling on a one way ticket with a visa that hasn't been validated although its not obvious or clear on their websites.

We got 46kg each with Singapore airlines, and I think Qantas give double to migrants too. You can try google - or email the airlines direct
Old Dec 22nd 2015, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Some of the airlines offer double allowance if travelling on a one way ticket with a visa that hasn't been validated although its not obvious or clear on their websites.

We got 46kg each with Singapore airlines, and I think Qantas give double to migrants too. You can try google - or email the airlines direct
I think its only Singapore these days - they are certainly the only one I've seen mentioned in the last few years. AFAIK Qantas stopped a while back, however since their merger with Emirats I think if you book through Emirats you get a good allowance anyway.
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 8:22 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

- ACS application
- Police clearance

Thanks again!
Congratulations!
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 9:13 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think its only Singapore these days - they are certainly the only one I've seen mentioned in the last few years. AFAIK Qantas stopped a while back, however since their merger with Emirats I think if you book through Emirats you get a good allowance anyway.
Not googled Emirates migrant baggage allowance, but found this deal from Qantas - Migrant Fares from the UK | Qantas - need an ANZ bank account but that can be opened online with no funds I think. We used to have an ANZ account that was opened in the UK
Old Dec 23rd 2015, 12:13 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Not googled Emirates migrant baggage allowance, but found this deal from Qantas - Migrant Fares from the UK | Qantas - need an ANZ bank account but that can be opened online with no funds I think. We used to have an ANZ account that was opened in the UK
Worth a go for the OP then. Qantas did stop migrant allowances but if they have started again that good news all round
Old May 17th 2016, 8:22 am
Just Joined

chetan chavda is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

- ACS application
- Police clearance

Thanks again!
Dear Friend,

I have lodge my visa file under subclass 489 QLD SS in Dec 2015, CO allocated Jan 2016, All doc submitted in March 2016, employer verification done April 2016 still waiting for visa please guide me how much time it will take to grant? Somebody said me i will get it after July 2016, is it right?

Regards,
Old May 17th 2016, 8:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chetan chavda
Dear Friend,

I have lodge my visa file under subclass 489 QLD SS in Dec 2015, CO allocated Jan 2016, All doc submitted in March 2016, employer verification done April 2016 still waiting for visa please guide me how much time it will take to grant? Somebody said me i will get it after July 2016, is it right?

Regards,
You do not need to make same post on two different threads. Nobody here has the remotest clue when your visa will be granted.
Old May 17th 2016, 9:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You do not need to make same post on two different threads. Nobody here has the remotest clue when your visa will be granted.
Or if a visa will be granted.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

tesscorcor is an unknown quantity at this point

Could the people posting about regional skills visas being approved let me know what their job/occupation/skills are? And what list they were on SOL or CSOL. I can see Careers Counsellor is on CSOL and wondering if that's eligible. From what I've read so far it is.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

I'm also surprised at how quickly people are being invited to apply for visa from EOI I thought this would take much longer. But maybe your skills are really in demand?!?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tesscorcor
Could the people posting about regional skills visas being approved let me know what their job/occupation/skills are? And what list they were on SOL or CSOL. I can see Careers Counsellor is on CSOL and wondering if that's eligible. From what I've read so far it is.
Why doesit matter what someone else's occupation is? What matters is whether your occupation is on the list.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 5:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Dorothy, im trying to establish if your occupation needs to be on The CSOL list or just the SOL list.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 9:25 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Occupations for a State Sponsored 489 need to be on the CSOL list.

Occupations for a Family Sponsored 489 need to be on the SOL list.

Regards,

Richard Gregan
MARN 9905168
Overseas Emigration Visas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.