Visa 489 - 1st CO Contact - Questions

Old Jan 9th 2017, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice
Wink Visa 489 - 1st CO Contact - Questions

Hi everyone.

We applied for visa 489 on 22/12/2016, and today we were contacted by CO (09/01/2017)

CO requested Meds, PCC, 2 more strange things.

Form 1399. CO said " War Crimes " declaration form. This is requested to be filled by me (male and main applicant), and not from my wife (female and secondary applicant). I just find it weird as to why is this form requested from me only. I applied for visa 475 in 2008, and was granted the visa, and didn't know form 1399 existed. It is straight forward though, I can fill it easily.

In addition, CO requested "Evidence of Oversees Study - Certificate of Completed Degree". My certificate was already uploaded, why would CO ask for it again? Copy is clear and readable. Should I just upload my certificate again?

Finally, last question is on meds. What does TB screening mean? This is required for our children. There are apparently 2 types of tests (IGRA or gold). Does anybody know if IGRA would be sufficient? It is way cheaper, and we prefer to go with it.

Thanks
Ahmad
Old Jan 9th 2017, 9:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 489 - 1st CO Contact - Questions

Well,.you have two options. You can upload the certificate again as asked or not. You can fill in the form required or not. Your choice.

As for the meds and TB test, these need to be done by the DIBP panel physician. He or she will decide which one is required based on what DIBP wants.
Old Jan 10th 2017, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that these extra requests are country specific, the TB one certainly as normally children do not need this. I would just do as requested as soon as you can. The medical centre will know which test is appropriate.

Don't read too much into it, they are just ticking boxes as required by the process.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

Give them what they want and you will be fine. Don't forget that the person on the other side is handling lots of applications every day. They are not targeting you personally, they are just following guidelines based on where you are from and where you have or do live.

With respect to the degree certificate, it may simply be that the case officer overlooked it. Upload it again, just in case.

As for the TB tests, these are country specific and are requested from applicants from a high risk TB country:
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/...h-examinations

You need to complete the same medical checks as any permanent visa applicants.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really niceAhmadj is just really nice

Thanks everyone...

we will go as per the book, and submit whatever CO asked for.