Victoria PhD nomination

Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

naush123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria PhD nomination

Originally Posted by TAussie
Congrats for getting the assessment and the 5 extra points So now the next step is the EOI ?

Do the 72 days include the advisory service ?

Do you have information how long it takes to receive the VISA from the DIBP after the nomination? I found different statements about the processing times.

Cheers,
No, 72 days for assessment only. I have applied for Vic SS. As i have applied as a PhD graduate, according to website, it should process within 2 weeks as supposed to others where the time is 12 weeks. If i get an invitation from Vic then they will ask me to apply for visa and that might take somewhere around 3 months.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Jxing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naush123
I got my assessment done in 72 days from vetassess and its positive outcome. they did deduct 1 year from my experience bcz it was counted towards their own requirement. Other then that I got more than 3 years of experience so will get 5 points for that. Assessment was fairly quick rather than i thought.

regards
Hi, thanks for your sharing. I was wondering if VETASSESS only recognises phd degree with at least one year post qualification experience. I just received my phd degree in chemistry a few months and worked as a researcher with less than one year. I am also considering applying for Victoria nomination.
Would my phd not be counted? Shall I wait to assess after i have at least one year experience after obtaining phd degree? Thanks.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jxing
Hi, thanks for your sharing. I was wondering if VETASSESS only recognises phd degree with at least one year post qualification experience. I just received my phd degree in chemistry a few months and worked as a researcher with less than one year. I am also considering applying for Victoria nomination.
Would my phd not be counted? Shall I wait to assess after i have at least one year experience after obtaining phd degree? Thanks.
Yes you need one year experience as a requirement by vetassess. Vic SS does not need any experience but vetassess do need it. If you can somehow show that phd was funded and you paid tax on it then it may be considered.

Good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Jxing is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by naush123
Yes you need one year experience as a requirement by vetassess. Vic SS does not need any experience but vetassess do need it. If you can somehow show that phd was funded and you paid tax on it then it may be considered.

Good luck
Thanks for your prompt reply. yes, my phd was funded by a scholarship but with a tax waived. would it be also considered? i have the scholarship transfer records though.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jxing
Thanks for your prompt reply. yes, my phd was funded by a scholarship but with a tax waived. would it be also considered? i have the scholarship transfer records though.
As far as i know.. it would be tough if its not taxable. You can look into expatforum to double chexk with other people. Good luck
Old Apr 17th 2017, 6:57 am
Just Joined

rahulvpatel is an unknown quantity at this point

hI...Did you get VIC nomination?
Old Apr 17th 2017, 7:09 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rahulvpatel
hI...Did you get VIC nomination?
Who are you asking?