Vetassess Work experience assessment.

Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess Work experience assessment.

Hello,

I've a question regarding employment assessment from Vetassess. I'm concerned about Group C profession. Group C profession requires:

"with a highly relevant major: at least one year of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

"without a highly relevant major and at least two years of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

If all your employment is before your qualifications, please see Pre- and post-qualification employment"

My question is if my diploma is not highly relevant and I have to prove two years of work experience, than does it have to be entirely post-qualification or can it be one year during qualification and one year post qualification. Will that suffice the requirement or not?

Thanks.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:02 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess Work experience assessment.

Originally Posted by ashftc89
Hello,

I've a question regarding employment assessment from Vetassess. I'm concerned about Group C profession. Group C profession requires:

"with a highly relevant major: at least one year of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

"without a highly relevant major and at least two years of highly relevant employment to the nominated occupation, completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment.

If all your employment is before your qualifications, please see Pre- and post-qualification employment"

My question is if my diploma is not highly relevant and I have to prove two years of work experience, than does it have to be entirely post-qualification or can it be one year during qualification and one year post qualification. Will that suffice the requirement or not?

Thanks.
If you had followed the instructions it would have taken you to this - http://www.vetassess.com.au/download...110420140857AM

Are you no longer an accountant?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Ofcourse, I am still an Accountant but I do have experience as Customer services too. My piece of cake was SS of NSW which is temporarily closed until July 2014. Waiting till July and keeping everything at stake with a hope that NSW CSOL list will still go in my favor is a bit optimistic approach. So I was assuming if there's an opportunity, I should avail one rather than wait for one.

Yes I came across this document but this is for those who have all the experience pre-qualification which is not the case for me. The adage is; "If all your employment is before your qualifications, please see Pre- and post-qualification employment" and there where you get the document. In my case, I do have a one year post-qualification which should technically suffice. However, I am not sure if my Diploma in Management Accountancy from UK is highly relevant or not (I believe its not, but I also assume which diploma can be highly relevant for customer services?). If it's not, than I need to have more experience, two it says on Vetassess website and three if all is pre-qualification. I have one pre-qualification and one year post-qualification. Don't know if it will do the job or not?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Ofcourse, I am still an Accountant but I do have experience as Customer services too. My piece of cake was SS of NSW which is temporarily closed until July 2014. Waiting till July and keeping everything at stake with a hope that NSW CSOL list will still go in my favor is a bit optimistic approach. So I was assuming if there's an opportunity, I should avail one rather than wait for one.

Yes I came across this document but this is for those who have all the experience pre-qualification which is not the case for me. The adage is; "If all your employment is before your qualifications, please see Pre- and post-qualification employment" and there where you get the document. In my case, I do have a one year post-qualification which should technically suffice. However, I am not sure if my Diploma in Management Accountancy from UK is highly relevant or not (I believe its not, but I also assume which diploma can be highly relevant for customer services?). If it's not, than I need to have more experience, two it says on Vetassess website and three if all is pre-qualification. I have one pre-qualification and one year post-qualification. Don't know if it will do the job or not?
The only occupation I could see related to customer services in group C is customer services manager. I'm not sure how a management accountancy qualification relates to this occupation. Are you actually working as a customer services manager? (http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Managers)

Yes the line said if all employment before qualification.... but the document is called pre- and post- qualification. I would think that you do not have enough experience from what you've said - bear in mind that this experience needs to be in the last 5 years
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your response once again. As an expatriate in UK, I was limited to work for 20 hours with some exceptions where I could and I did work more than that. I was working in a Telecom industry as Sales and Customer Services Associate. I have read that link which you've provided me few days before. My job responsibilities includes everything mentioned on ABS website in fact it transcend it. Yes it is within past 5 years. The experience was for 2.5 years (not currently working there) with exact 1 year during qualification and 1.5 year post-qualification.

I accede with you as the document name is pre and post qualification but again the two statements (one on website and one in the document) contradict each other I believe or maybe it's my lack of understanding
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Management Accounting as it sounds is definitely not highly relevant diploma, although it covered a significant amount of knowledge relevant to this occupation in "organisational management" paper (Two of the 11 papers which I've studied to get this diploma). If I'd had been certain that it was a highly relevant than there was absolutely no rationale for me to ask this question. It's this bit which is making me and my case enigmatic or a case of simple bemusement.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:29 am

Thanks for your response once again. As an expatriate in UK, I was limited to work for 20 hours with some exceptions where I could and I did work more than that. I was working in a Telecom industry as Sales and Customer Services Associate. I have read that link which you've provided me few days before. My job responsibilities includes everything mentioned on ABS website in fact it transcend it. Yes it is within past 5 years. The experience was for 2.5 years (not currently working there) with exact 1 year during qualification and 1.5 year post-qualification.

I accede with you as the document name is pre and post qualification but again the two statements (one on website and one in the document) contradict each other I believe or maybe it's my lack of understanding
If you believe you qualify, all you can do is apply and find out. Current estimated processing time is 10 - 12 weeks.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

I'm confused, big time.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:39 am

I'm confused, big time.
Perhaps have a chat with a MARA agent. Personally I wouldn't claim to be a customers services manager if I had been employed as a sales and customer services associate - nor if I was an accountant.

Have you had your skills assessed as an accountant yet?
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Yes I might do so. Neither I want to, to be honest. But if NSW removes Accountants (A topic which is viral over the internet), than there will be a regret. Australia is definitely the place where I want to live and contribute.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:50 am

Yes I might do so. Neither I want to, to be honest. But if NSW removes Accountants (A topic which is viral over the internet), than there will be a regret. Australia is definitely the place where I want to live and contribute.
I'm not sure why it would be viral - there have been rumours for years that accountants may be removed from the CSOL.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

Rumors with an advice from AWPA to DIBP as well. Although it the case was similar last year too and professional bodies are fighting for it. But one never know what's coming up next.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Well no. It won't do the job.

Firstly of course accountant and customer service manager are not even remotely related. So you are certainly looking at two years post qualification, which you don't have and you could only count pre-qualification if you have three years of work experience, which you don't have. YOu weren't even a Customer Services Manager..

You are barking up the wrong tree here.

What's the story on using accountant as an occupation code? A diploma is surely not going to be enough for that skills assessment is it? (I can't remember if I have had this conversation with you or someone else recently).
Old Apr 11th 2014, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well no. It won't do the job.

Firstly of course accountant and customer service manager are not even remotely related. So you are certainly looking at two years post qualification, which you don't have and you could only count pre-qualification if you have three years of work experience, which you don't have. YOu weren't even a Customer Services Manager..

You are barking up the wrong tree here.

What's the story on using accountant as an occupation code? A diploma is surely not going to be enough for that skills assessment is it? (I can't remember if I have had this conversation with you or someone else recently).
My question was certainly not as if Accountants and Customer Service are inter-related, of course they aren't. In fact that was the reason I initiated this thread. I'm not using accounting as occupation code either. Neither we had any such conversation regarding this anytime earlier. A diploma is hands-down enough for skill assessment as this is the only educational requirement from Vetassess for occupations falling in Group C. Now because I was sure that my diploma is definitely not highly relevant, my question (which I believe was logical) was there should two years highly relevant skilled employment in the chosen occupation. My employment is definitely highly relevant. What's confusing me is there's nothing mentioned as to whether those two years should be post qualification, pre-qualification or can be a mixture of two. Moreover, what's more interesting is there is a separate statement where they say, "if all your employment is pre-qualification, than one needs to have three years of experience", a scenario for those who zero post-qualification which is not my case. Finally, there is nothing mentioned on Vetassess that the experience should be at managerial level.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

My question was certainly not as if Accountants and Customer Service are inter-related, of course they aren't. In fact that was the reason I initiated this thread. I'm not using accounting as occupation code either. Neither we had any such conversation regarding this anytime earlier. A diploma is hands-down enough for skill assessment as this is the only educational requirement from Vetassess for occupations falling in Group C. Now because I was sure that my diploma is definitely not highly relevant, my question (which I believe was logical) was there should two years highly relevant skilled employment in the chosen occupation. My employment is definitely highly relevant. What's confusing me is there's nothing mentioned as to whether those two years should be post qualification, pre-qualification or can be a mixture of two. Moreover, what's more interesting is there is a separate statement where they say, "if all your employment is pre-qualification, than one needs to have three years of experience", a scenario for those who zero post-qualification which is not my case. Finally, there is nothing mentioned on Vetassess that the experience should be at managerial level.

And I have answered your question. Asking it again is not going to change the answer. I have read the same as you and it is perfectly clear that this is a non starter, you do not have the work experience, have you not read the links you were given yet, because it is explained in there. I also explained it above in a shortened version.

Further as the job is manager, therefore the work experience needs to be manager..