Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Child Migration - Subclass 101 or Subclass 802

Child Migration - Subclass 101 or Subclass 802

Old Feb 10th 2018, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

prayagraj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Migration - Subclass 101 or Subclass 802

Hello,

I am currently a PR of Australia and my wife will be filing for an RRV to Australia. Our kids are British and hence they do not have their PR. If I file for my children's 101, can they still travel to Australia on ETA? And once the 101 has been approved do they need to depart Australia and come back to get the 101 validated? Also will applying through 802 be a better idea instead? And can my children travel during the meantime? Can they attend public schools?

FYI.. My son starts school next year in Australia as he is current 4 years old. I am just worried that if I file through 802 and if the visa doesn't come through till end of this year then he may not be able to enrol into schools.

Any views are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Prayag
Old Feb 10th 2018, 11:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Migration - Subclass 101 or Subclass 802

Presumably your children were born outside Australia? It would better to apply for their subclass 101 visas now and wait for them to be granted before travelling to Australia.