Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Validating Visa - Entering Oz and Leaving on Same Day

Validating Visa - Entering Oz and Leaving on Same Day

Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:28 am
Just Joined

fusela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Validating Visa - Entering Oz and Leaving on Same Day

Dear All,
I will shortly be getting my visa granted, I have a CO and have supplied all additional infor requested so hope to get my visa granted in the next couple of weeks!

Due to the fact that I front-loaded my meds and Police checks, I will need to validate my visa before the end of Jan. Due to work commitments etc, I will not be able to emmigrate until at least april of next year.

I am off to Bali on holiday in sept and if my visa was granted before then, I was thinking of doing a day trip to get the stamp in the passport and return to Bali on the same day as the trip is relatively short.

Does anyone know if this is acceptable to enter and leave on the same day?
If my visa is not granted before the holiday, I might consider doing the same thing from the UK, fly out on the friday night - enter Oz on the Sunday. Leave on the same plane back to the UK, arrive monday morning in time for work!

Sounds crazy I know, but let me know if it is possible...

Fusela
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Validating Visa - Entering Oz and Leaving on Same Day

That would be fine. All you need to do is pass through immigration. Once you've done that, you can do what you like - stay or go back on the next plane.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

However, it would probably be cheaper to redo your medicals and police checks - in which case you need to let your case officer know that is what you propose to do before the visa is granted.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fusela
Dear All,
I will shortly be getting my visa granted, I have a CO and have supplied all additional infor requested so hope to get my visa granted in the next couple of weeks!

Due to the fact that I front-loaded my meds and Police checks, I will need to validate my visa before the end of Jan. Due to work commitments etc, I will not be able to emmigrate until at least april of next year.

I am off to Bali on holiday in sept and if my visa was granted before then, I was thinking of doing a day trip to get the stamp in the passport and return to Bali on the same day as the trip is relatively short.

Does anyone know if this is acceptable to enter and leave on the same day?
If my visa is not granted before the holiday, I might consider doing the same thing from the UK, fly out on the friday night - enter Oz on the Sunday. Leave on the same plane back to the UK, arrive monday morning in time for work!

Sounds crazy I know, but let me know if it is possible...

Fusela
Yes, it is possible. As long as you go through Immigration and enter Australia, there is nothng to stop you going straight to check in and getting on the next plane out
From Bali might be easier than from the UK though!

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 17th 2008 at 11:20 am.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks louie and pollanna for the response, glad I can do what I had planned, just hope I can do it from Bali...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:01 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

You are so going to be searched for drugs ....

One day return from Indonesia...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:12 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia

Indeed

make sure you are wearing clean underwear
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia

Make sure you take the grant letter etc - not normally necessary but could be handy on a trip like this.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi Guys,
It wasn't possible for me to do the validation trip from Bali, I am planning on doing my weekend Jaunt this weekend. I will be flying on Friday night, landing on sunday and returning to the UK on the same plane landing monday morning! I hope all runs smoothly!

If anyone has any experiences of this strategy not working for validation, please let me know as I will booking my ticket on thursday...

Fusela
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

As long as you go through immigration, you will be fine. They'll swipe and stamp your passport and that's all that's necessary. Tick the landing card that you are emigrating.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Good luck for the 48 hr+ return flight! Im not looking forward to a one way flight let alone attempting to do a return flight within a matter of hours! At least you get free food for your effort!

Good luck, and congrats on your visa grant!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Big Ears is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fusela
Hi Guys,
It wasn't possible for me to do the validation trip from Bali, I am planning on doing my weekend Jaunt this weekend. I will be flying on Friday night, landing on sunday and returning to the UK on the same plane landing monday morning! I hope all runs smoothly!

If anyone has any experiences of this strategy not working for validation, please let me know as I will booking my ticket on thursday...

Fusela

Hope the trip goes well, I am flying to Sydney mid November landing on the Monday evening, leaving Sydney on the Thursday afternoon. I thought that was bad.

What you need now is an empty plane and 4 seats all to yourself.

Big Ears.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:29 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

Originally Posted by louie
As long as you go through immigration, you will be fine. They'll swipe and stamp your passport and that's all that's necessary. Tick the landing card that you are emigrating.
Hadn't thought about this before - we're validating next week (one week visit) only ever thicket the tourism box before . Do you tick the emigrating box even if you have a return ticket booked? Is this important for validation - my guess is it isn't really...?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:47 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sniffydog
Hadn't thought about this before - we're validating next week (one week visit) only ever thicket the tourism box before . Do you tick the emigrating box even if you have a return ticket booked? Is this important for validation - my guess is it isn't really...?
Its just for stats really. I guess they might raise their eyebrows if you tick "permanently migrating" while entering on a tourist visa, but if you are just validating a PR visa you can tick either, it won't matter.