Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Unaccompanied minor travelling to australia

Unaccompanied minor travelling to australia

Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:21 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Unaccompanied minor travelling to australia

Hello all !!

Long time to speak - how is it going ? :-)

I got a question for you folks, my son is coming to australia for a holiday for 2 weeks, he is 17. His mother is staying in germany but his grandmother is coming with him.

Do we (Mother / father) have to have any special paperwork ready for immigration to prove he is allowed to travel on his own (with his grandmother) ?

Thanks guys !!

Enjoy the lovely weather :-)

M.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unaccompanied minor travelling to australia

A letter from the mother wouldn't go amis. Maybe check in the border protection website. They are keen to prevent people moving children without parental permission so worth covering the bases I think.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 1:51 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

We did this with my stepson several times on different airlines. There were no issues and no requests for info. When he was under 16 he was travelling with his grandmother and no questions were asked - he had a holiday visa then. When he was 16 and travelling on his own, again no issues. And when 16 and travelling with his father on a pr visa, no issues either. This was always from UK where there are different rules for over 16's so it may be different in Germany.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 2:16 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you guys

I have the german part covered, just looking for Info about AUS but Ill have a look at the Immi website.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
Thank you guys

I have the german part covered, just looking for Info about AUS but Ill have a look at the Immi website.
I would have a letter ready ready just in case.A few years back my husband was traveling to the Uk with our two teens.They were going on to England to see their Grandmother and I was going on to Ireland to see my parents.My husband got questioned,briefly as to the where abouts of me.Better to be prepared just in case.
Old Jul 14th 2015, 7:14 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I would have a letter ready ready just in case.A few years back my husband was traveling to the Uk with our two teens.They were going on to England to see their Grandmother and I was going on to Ireland to see my parents.My husband got questioned,briefly as to the where abouts of me.Better to be prepared just in case.
Absolutely. Ill be well prepared.