UK PCC for Aus Visa

Old Dec 19th 2017, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Bimal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK PCC for Aus Visa

Hello,

I am from India and I worked/stayed in UK for a total of around 18 months Now, I need a PCC for an Australian visa.

Kindly clarify my below queries.

1. Of the 18 months I stayed , I stayed in around 5 different address but my name was not in any of the home contracts except in one. I just stayed with my colleagues,friends in their homes. So, will it create an issue in the PCC if I mention an address but my name was not legally in the rent contract. Although I have the address proofs of all the places in my bank statements.

2. I left UK in Feb 2016 and one of my former roommates was arrested in May 2017 in UK and sent to prison for a drunk case. So, will it affect my PCC.

Kindly help me on the above queries.

Thanks ,
Bimal.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK PCC for Aus Visa

Originally Posted by Bimal
Hello,

I am from India and I worked/stayed in UK for a total of around 18 months Now, I need a PCC for an Australian visa.

Kindly clarify my below queries.

1. Of the 18 months I stayed , I stayed in around 5 different address but my name was not in any of the home contracts except in one. I just stayed with my colleagues,friends in their homes. So, will it create an issue in the PCC if I mention an address but my name was not legally in the rent contract. Although I have the address proofs of all the places in my bank statements.

2. I left UK in Feb 2016 and one of my former roommates was arrested in May 2017 in UK and sent to prison for a drunk case. So, will it affect my PCC.

Kindly help me on the above queries.

Thanks ,
Bimal.
A Uk pcc reflects your criminal history, not your friends, housemates, family etc. Only you.
They do not have any way of checking individual contracts for housing, nor do they have the time and manpower. They only need the address so that they can use it as a double-check on your details if they believe you are the subject of a criminal record.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 9:45 am
Just Joined

Thanks Pollyana for the reply.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A Uk pcc reflects your criminal history, not your friends, housemates, family etc. Only you.
They do not have any way of checking individual contracts for housing, nor do they have the time and manpower. They only need the address so that they can use it as a double-check on your details if they believe you are the subject of a criminal record.

Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Thans Pollyana for the advice.

Also, I have the below new query.

In 2013-14, I took a home and paid my council tax regularly but I am not sure if I paid council tax for last 10 days of my stay ie Feb 1 2014 to Feb 10 2014.
It was of the amount 60 pounds.

1. Is it possible for now to find out if I paid the council tax or not.

If I have not paid, then will it show up in my UK PCC which I am applying now.

Also, as I left UK due to VISA end, I am not sure if I recieved any posts or court summons.

Just to keep myself hopefull, I think it has not went to court or police as I again went to UK in 2015-16 and I got my visa successfully.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 3:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You've already asked this question. If you have not been convicted of a criminal offence then there will be nothing on your ACRO Police Certificate.