State nomination

Old Dec 20th 2017, 3:52 am
Just Joined

ahmed2701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State nomination

Greetings...

I want to apply for state nomination in Australia and i have currently 75 points (for visa 190) and 80 points (for visa 489),
My occupation is industrial pharmacist, it is eligible to be applied for in Northern Territory and South Australia,
I have already applied for state nomination in NT in 12/09/2017 and till now i didn't receive any reply despite they stated that assessment takes about 3 months at the time of submission,,,,
Then, in December, my work experience increased and i became eligible to apply for SA under high points category,,
My question: can i apply for nomination in SA while NT didn't reply to me yet, in other words, can i apply for state nomination in 2 states at the same time (each state has its own expression of interest)..or i have to wait and upon the outcome of NT i apply to SA or not??

your help is greatly appreciated,,
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State nomination

Technically yes you can. Although NT may well feel that you are no longer committed to going there and refuse nomination. It is also possible that SA may well feel they are second choice and do the same.
After all each state wants you to say why you have chosen them and show a real commitment.

NT have been quite strict as they are fed up of people leaving before the two years are up or straight after, they sratted to offer the 489 to 190 applicants who did not have strong ties to the state.

Can you apply under 189?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I just had a look and industrial pharmacist is not on the list for NT so that is why you have not heard.
It is on the supplementary list for SA requiring 80 points if you do not have family there or have worked/studied there.

I suggest you consult an agent to look at your way forward.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Ok so I just had a look and industrial pharmacist is not on the list for NT so that is why you have not heard.
It is on the supplementary list for SA requiring 80 points if you do not have family there or have worked/studied there.

I suggest you consult an agent to look at your way forward.
I cannot apply for 189, i want to go forward and apply for SA to earn some time as NT is not providing me with any outcome till now,
Does the states share information together about applicants?
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahmed2701
I cannot apply for 189, i want to go forward and apply for SA to earn some time as NT is not providing me with any outcome till now,
Does the states share information together about applicants?
NT will not provide you with a positive outcome because they are not sponsoring pharmacists.

No, the States do not share the information. You have to apply to them individually.
Old Dec 20th 2017, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
NT will not provide you with a positive outcome because they are not sponsoring pharmacists.

No, the States do not share the information. You have to apply to them individually.
Thanks Pollyana but NT has an option to apply if the specified occupation is not on their occupation list but on the government list,,,
What do you think? to apply to SA now or just wait till the decision of NT appears?
Old Dec 21st 2017, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

They do ask if you have applied to another state though.........