Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Butterflies in my stomach now settling, thought after tra changed route D that we were stuffed. But Darren from Visa-Go phoned and said tra have accepted us, we sent it in 2 weeks ago and thought we would get a no no, but man from tra say yeah yeah, keep thinking positive everyone it could still happen.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

acrewood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Hi Yanchep
Brillant news i bet you are relieved. What is your trade? I am hoping that
I hear something very soon as the 10 days have passed now since acknowledgement my OH is a plasterer i am trying to be positive im sure i would have heard something by now if it was bad news.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:04 am
Just Joined

farrukhzeeshan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by acrewood
Does anyone know that if i recieved an acknowledgement letter from TRA dated 27th August and it stated we would have a decision with 10 working days that we will be fine. Its just still not heard anything yet!
Dear Acrewood I'm afraid you will be recieving your application back soon. As your acknowledgement date is 27th of August, and they take minimum 10 working days to make a decision. And according to the recent changes applications not been finalised will be sent back.

But hope for the best, coz I think they will change the policy within next 4-6 weeks.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by farrukhzeeshan
Dear Acrewood I'm afraid you will be recieving your application back soon. As your acknowledgement date is 27th of August, and they take minimum 10 working days to make a decision. And according to the recent changes applications not been finalised will be sent back.

But hope for the best, coz I think they will change the policy within next 4-6 weeks.
Not feeling very positive now!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

stue116 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think that means were stuffed to, our ack was 31st august, 2 weeks today, and haven't heard anything!!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a family on the PIA board that have had there sent back dated 27 August.

I hope you all find a way to get through this.

Dan and Steph
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

could anyone please clear this up for me i have the refrence from the company he done his INFORMAL APPRENTISHIP with stating that it was an informal apprentiship also stating the hours worked over the 5 years totaling 9600 hrs . as it was informal and no assessing body present at the time and when the 5 yrs complete then known as TIME SERVED would this still be OK ????
i am really papping it as i didn't put it in befor the 1 sept! and i will be blamed
thanks in advance for any responce!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by scooterdan
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is a family on the PIA board that have had there sent back dated 27 August.

I hope you all find a way to get through this.

Dan and Steph
The people who are getting there tra sent back are these without qualifications or people with,i have been getting stuff together the past few months and mine is about to be lodged by my agent,im not applying under my trade but under another thats best matched,i now wonder what my changes will be now,my agent says it was maybe ok before but may have its problem now,but says he still wants to put in and see what happens,i was very annoyed with this as been thinking of going to oz for years now,i finally look into the tra and then they change it,how annoying,someone cheered me up and said my agent must think i have a chance or he would not send it in,so i did not look at it that way,but then saying that why would he not as his fees have been paid.
I have the qualifications they ask for under different pathways,but my agent says its tra that says if they are or not,its about time this tra was sorted out and something done.
I have the skills with papers oz wants and even i am worried about it all and more so when i spent the past months getting all together and paying fees to my agent.
Mine should finally be loged i think next week,i wonder how i wil get on?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

jen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nicejen 71 is just really nice

still none the wiseri have nvq 2 certificate in hairdressing does this count (city and guilds,we was looking at going on a work visa although we havent set the wheels in motion yet
i dont know
jen
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by stue116
Think that means were stuffed to, our ack was 31st august, 2 weeks today, and haven't heard anything!!
Hi stue116
Lets keeping praying because i read that people are not getting acknowledgements just the application sent straight back.
As my letter was dated before yours i will keep you informed and vice versa
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi everyone our TRA was received by TRA on the 27th August and it has been sent back to our agent as it was not finalised, so I would say anybody who sent it after this time will probably have it sent back. Our agent is holding onto it as who knows it may change. Fingers crossed, if not we will be going Vetassess - just means an extra £1000 but hey who cares if it gets us there. Keep you heads up and think positive. GOOD LUCK ALL.

Last edited by shar07; Sep 14th 2007 at 3:04 pm. Reason: received not sent
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shar07
Hi everyone our TRA was sent on the 27th August and it has been sent back to our agent as it was not finalised, so I would say anybody who sent it after this time will probably have it sent back. Our agent is holding onto it as who knows it may change. Fingers crossed, if not we will be going Vetassess - just means an extra £1000 but hey who cares if it gets us there. Keep you heads up and think positive. GOOD LUCK ALL.
feeling positive again as if they were going to send it back surely we would have received it by now?
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hope so acrewood keep your fingers and everything else crossed
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:48 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

hi alan,
everytime i speak to agent they just say " we don't know anything until TRA comes back" it's been so long that i feel theres something wrong just wish i knew one way or the other. trying not to think about it but i keep getting knots in my stomach, and then i'm angry that we havn't heard anything.
thanks for the reply's and your support it means alot.
kate
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

stue116 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
just got it confirmed from our agent at 3.30pm today, she received our application back.
She has suggested that she hangs on to it at there perth offices so as soon as this is sorted we can send it straight off, she seems to think that there will be a court case within the next few weeks and the TRa will have to reconsider there actions.
so gutted i feel numb
sam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.