Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:26 pm
Flown

FlyingPicketts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Originally Posted by scooterdan
We passed TRA in January 07....already submitted for 136 visa and had meds. My first thought was what happens with us? Are we still ok as we have already had it so long before?

Im sure many ppl will be thinking the same.

Dan and Steph
Good point, and how would it reflect on people trying to gain an ARTC when they get there.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice
Default Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

My agent has also replied to my email and states that i will be ok....! what a weight lifted!!!

I hope all the ones now stuck find a way!

Lets keep each other posted.

Dan and Steph
Old Sep 5th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Looks like you are well into the process, they said it was full of ups and downs, boy was that a downer!
Good luck keep me posted as to how you get on as you are a few months ahead of us.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:00 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Now I'm really confused!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:27 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

I have spoken with our agent and basically we are screwed unless the TRA backtrack.....brilliant not
Old Sep 5th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

maisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to beholdmaisey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Now I'm really confused!
Basically if TRA has been done and passed and visa in, you are safe. If skills being processed then it will be returned and you will be refunded. If not already in then cannot use pathway D as no longer recognised.

Lets hope that this is just for election purposes and they review their decision. This has really mucked up alot of people.:curse:
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:00 pm
cavey wavey

ivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really niceivorfatarse is just really nice

we have only just started the process - signed up with agent 2 weeks ago, started getting info together to start TRA application - 18 years experience and lost certificate which can't replace as firm don't trade anymore....
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all
Unhappy Re: Trade skills assessment pathway removed for those without qualifications

Our TRA went in on 27th August, OH an Electrician but did not serve apprenticeship has a couple of C&G certs but not enough, we were going in on his 20 years experience, looks like its the end of the road for us. We are gutted.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:33 pm
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just started on the TRA and now we are wondering is there no other way of getting a migration Visa without formal training. My husband has no training but he is the SOUS CHEF of a five star restaurant and was head hunted for this position. We both know he is a better chef that most qualified chefs. Is this the end of the road for us??? Someone please help us.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gabb9
Just started on the TRA and now we are wondering is there no other way of getting a migration Visa without formal training. My husband has no training but he is the SOUS CHEF of a five star restaurant and was head hunted for this position. We both know he is a better chef that most qualified chefs. Is this the end of the road for us??? Someone please help us.
i dont know alot really but i just think theyve got to change this surely.
fingers crossed
Old Sep 5th 2007, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

John Mumford is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with George Lombard, if you are one of those affected by this sudden change it is time to contact either your agent or find one to assist. There are several options already mentioned including obtaining qualifications in Australia, Regional sponsorships, 457 etc. These solutions will not perhaps suite everyone caught by these changes but they are well worth exploring. It is unlikely that TRA have done this on a whim therefore I would not hold my breath waiting for a reversal. The changes to the assessment procedures for certain occupations now covered by VETASSESS were perhaps an indication of the direction that trade assessments are heading.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:33 pm

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

what is a informal ..........

i have 25 years experience painter and decorator but no formal qualifications.......does this mean no chance with out city and guilds/ nvq's. as i had a on sight training.......all plasterer's must be in same boat

Skill Pathway B: Informal apprenticeship............would i be covered by this

Last edited by dinner-dash; Sep 5th 2007 at 6:36 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of lightgina and danny is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
what is a informal ..........

i have 25 years experience painter and decorator.......does this mean no chance with out city and guilds/ nvq's. as i had a on sight training.......all plasterer's must be in same boat
i think so oh is locksmith and they dont have qualifications he is really annoyed with it as locksmith was just put on modl now they cant apply its all very confusing
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

what happens with those who have a positive assessment (through pathway D) in their hands, but the main visa application isn't yet lodged? is the assessment still valid?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 8:17 pm
wee irish girl

gabb9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your assessment is still valid. It is only applicants that have applied and have not yet had a result, their application will be returned with the fee, and and any future applicants are also affected. I can't believe this is happening.:curse:
Ok, for everyone else, I just had a look at the TRA website and if you read the Definition of the Skill pathway A, B, C,and E you might find that you are still eligable. Pathway B requires 5 years work experience and 900 hours of formal training but doesn't state that you require a recognised certificate. So if you went to college for a year and didn't finish it you might still get through. You will just need to get a former teacher or lecturer to write a reference to confirm your training. There may be light at the end of the tunnel for some of us!!!!!
See for youself below.
http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...tember2007.pdf

Last edited by gabb9; Sep 5th 2007 at 8:54 pm. Reason: Left some important info out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.