TRA unsuccessful

Old Oct 27th 2014, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Adamantium is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA unsuccessful

So here's the story, I just got my skills assessment and it turned out unsuccessful. They cited 2 reasons why I got rejected. First, is because my nominated occupation 342315 Electronic Trades Person (Special Class) will be assessed as an AQF IV in Industrial Electronic and Control and they assessed my qualification as AQF III only, what AQF III? they didn't specify. Now here's the problem, I had a friend who got denied as well with the same nominated occupation and it clearly stated on his rejection letter that his course didn't have electro technology subjects and that to have a positive outcome with this occupation, he should have at least an AQF 3 in instrumentation and control. To make matters more complicated, I know someone who is in OZ which went through the same process and the same school and the same course and he passed. DIBP also states that in their website that and AQF 3 with 2 years OR an AQF 4. Double standards much?

The other reason was because my school couldn't be traced if it had government accreditation. Okay, that's valid but at least they should've stated that in the requirements that we should provide evidence for our school's credibility. With the 1000 AUD fee, I assumed that they would just do a quick google of the school or they would have called the institution. But that's minor, I already called up my school if they could give me all the ISO certification and the government accreditation and they said they would gladly help. The only problem is, if I would appeal is that it'll cost me 900 AUD and I still don't know what to do with the AQF 3 and AQF 4 confusion.

Sorry if its too long but its just been a very frustrating process. I would think that TRA would go easy on the real tradies but its the tradies that has to provide more than engineering grads who worked as a trady and got their applications approved. I'm trying to look for an agent now that specializes with these skills assessments.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 3:01 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA unsuccessful

Originally Posted by Adamantium
So here's the story, I just got my skills assessment and it turned out unsuccessful. They cited 2 reasons why I got rejected. First, is because my nominated occupation 342315 Electronic Trades Person (Special Class) will be assessed as an AQF IV in Industrial Electronic and Control and they assessed my qualification as AQF III only, what AQF III? they didn't specify. Now here's the problem, I had a friend who got denied as well with the same nominated occupation and it clearly stated on his rejection letter that his course didn't have electro technology subjects and that to have a positive outcome with this occupation, he should have at least an AQF 3 in instrumentation and control. To make matters more complicated, I know someone who is in OZ which went through the same process and the same school and the same course and he passed. DIBP also states that in their website that and AQF 3 with 2 years OR an AQF 4. Double standards much?

The other reason was because my school couldn't be traced if it had government accreditation. Okay, that's valid but at least they should've stated that in the requirements that we should provide evidence for our school's credibility. With the 1000 AUD fee, I assumed that they would just do a quick google of the school or they would have called the institution. But that's minor, I already called up my school if they could give me all the ISO certification and the government accreditation and they said they would gladly help. The only problem is, if I would appeal is that it'll cost me 900 AUD and I still don't know what to do with the AQF 3 and AQF 4 confusion.

Sorry if its too long but its just been a very frustrating process. I would think that TRA would go easy on the real tradies but its the tradies that has to provide more than engineering grads who worked as a trady and got their applications approved. I'm trying to look for an agent now that specializes with these skills assessments.
Sorry to hear your news. What qualification do you have?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

I've been an instrumentation technician for 6 years now, mainly plant maintenance duties. Instrument calibration, breakdown repairs, predictive/preventive maintenance, fabrication works and everything in between. I just don't do electrical panel and wiring of HV installations but more of the low voltage stuff.

The process seems so straightforward and yet it seems for my nominated occupation they follow different standards.
Old Oct 27th 2014, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to answer your question, its a 3 year technical diploma back in the Philippines for Instrumentation and Control. Its just harder I think to assess unlike UK's tradies.