Timescales ....???

Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice
Default Timescales ....???

Hiya all

Hope someone can help...I know generally its how long is a piece of string but how long on average will our visas take?

We are currently waiting to see if hubby has got on the october skills test, should be hearing back any day now. Ive filled in millions of forms ready for our agent to do the rest of the app online....but what happens once the test is taken and passed ( he'd better bloody pass it or Ill kill him! )

We were actually expecting it to take another year but checking out so many peoples timelines from here and theyre coming through a lot quicker than that!!

sorry, this is all new to me

Paula xx
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Timescales ....???

I would plan on around 7 months from submitting your visa application, I'm assuming your going for a 175 visa.

Check out www.beupdate.co.uk it's really helpful for working out timelines

good luck

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

Hiya Thanks for that
We are applying for the 176...we were originally told we would be going for the 175 but when it came to the TRA they told us 176.

At the end of the day we cant go till next July till my contract ends at work but I just want the visas here like yesterday

Im sooooooooooooo excited!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
Im sooooooooooooo excited!

Tell me about it!!!!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

How far on are you with yr app??
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

How far on are you with yr app??
We applied 6th of Feb, got a case officer last week so hopefully we'll hear any day now

I'm finding it hard to think of anything else at the moment!!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

oh wow!!! Its all we think about too, and all we talk about I was making a list the other day of people to invite to our leaving party!!

Good Luck with it all :-)

Where are you heading to when you go? What you and yr hubby gonna be doing for work?

Sorry for all the questions...its just nice to be able to chat to someone going through the same as us! lol
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all

Hope someone can help...I know generally its how long is a piece of string but how long on average will our visas take?

We are currently waiting to see if hubby has got on the october skills test, should be hearing back any day now. Ive filled in millions of forms ready for our agent to do the rest of the app online....but what happens once the test is taken and passed ( he'd better bloody pass it or Ill kill him! )

We were actually expecting it to take another year but checking out so many peoples timelines from here and theyre coming through a lot quicker than that!!

sorry, this is all new to me

Paula xx
If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the forum called "current processing times" it may give you a rough idea of timescales at present. However these could have changed drastically in a few months time.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hubbys in IT, network security, I'm just a mum

We're hoping to get to the gold coast or brisbane but it all depends on where John finds work.

I know what you mean about being able to chat to people who know what your going through, I've never been one for online forums but I've become addicted to this one!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you check out the sticky thread at the top of the forum called "current processing times" it may give you a rough idea of timescales at present. However these could have changed drastically in a few months time.
Hiya

Thanks for that, I actually saw it after Id posted this cos I originally posted this in the wrong place then it was moved here

I just want everything like yesterday
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Hubbys in IT, network security, I'm just a mum

We're hoping to get to the gold coast or brisbane but it all depends on where John finds work.

I know what you mean about being able to chat to people who know what your going through, I've never been one for online forums but I've become addicted to this one!

Lindsay x
good luck with the job hunt!

Ive been recommended this forum so many time but never actually got round to joining till recently, Im so pleased I did!!!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice

Know what you mean about wanting it yesterday.

We did our original reccie to the Gold Coast in February 2007 - then we did drag our feet a bit only to get going properly in October 2007.

Got offered a job with Queensland Health (I am a Midwife). Then waited 3 long months for my skills assessment from the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council and then finally submitted our 175 vias application online on 12th February this year.

We have front loaded medicals and police checks and are now awaiting a CO - it has become an obsession with us checking our visa application on the immigration website daily (sometimes more) and also checking the BE Update site - especially now we are seeing people who applied about the same time as us getting news.

It is a roller coaster ride so sit back and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie
x