Time between EOI & invitation

Old May 18th 2015, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time between EOI & invitation

Hi all,

I am trying to get an estimate of how long it could take between submitting an EOI for visa 189 and receiving an invite? Had a look around but could not find any information around this - unless of course if I missed it...

Thanks,
Old May 18th 2015, 10:05 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Time between EOI & invitation

The last published report was from 24 April: SkillSelect results 24 April 2015 invitation round results

If I'm interpreting it correctly, those with 60 points dating back from 23 March 2015 were being selected for subclass 189, so about a month between EOI and selection. Those with more than 60 points go in the queue before the 60 point people, barring any ceiling caps on occupations.
Old May 18th 2015, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
The last published report was from 24 April: SkillSelect results 24 April 2015 invitation round results

If I'm interpreting it correctly, those with 60 points dating back from 23 March 2015 were being selected for subclass 189, so about a month between EOI and selection. Those with more than 60 points go in the queue before the 60 point people, barring any ceiling caps on occupations.
Ok thanks...!
Old May 21st 2015, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Update for anyone else keen to know - submitted my EOI on 19/05 and got an invitation to apply today...happy days..!
Old May 21st 2015, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all - was reviewing my EOI to ensure everything is correct and noted that there's a slight miscalculation/misunderstanding along the lines.

When submitting my EOI, under the experience section, the help tip stated I should enter the experience as shown in the assessment result (ACS in my case). I entered exactly the same information though the appropriately skilled level date is only counted half way through the list of jobs enlisted - to illustrate:

Employer 1 -
Employer 2 - this is where my skilled level of experience started according to the assessment
Employer 3 -

Now I have scored 65 points based on the instructions in the help topic so entered all the 3 employers as experience and received an invitation but now confused whether I should apply for the visa because if calculate this using Employer 2 onwards then i receive the 60 points which qualify me anyway but would this somehow disqualify and result in a rejection?
Old May 22nd 2015, 7:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nilv
Hi all - was reviewing my EOI to ensure everything is correct and noted that there's a slight miscalculation/misunderstanding along the lines.

When submitting my EOI, under the experience section, the help tip stated I should enter the experience as shown in the assessment result (ACS in my case). I entered exactly the same information though the appropriately skilled level date is only counted half way through the list of jobs enlisted - to illustrate:

Employer 1 -
Employer 2 - this is where my skilled level of experience started according to the assessment
Employer 3 -

Now I have scored 65 points based on the instructions in the help topic so entered all the 3 employers as experience and received an invitation but now confused whether I should apply for the visa because if calculate this using Employer 2 onwards then i receive the 60 points which qualify me anyway but would this somehow disqualify and result in a rejection?
Over-claiming points will result in a refusal.

You need to enter only skilled employment as shown on assessment (employment before the ACS deeming date is not counted as skilled)

Your EOI will be locked now for 60 days I think because you have an invitation. Once able to, you should edit your experience
Old May 23rd 2015, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Over-claiming points will result in a refusal.

You need to enter only skilled employment as shown on assessment (employment before the ACS deeming date is not counted as skilled)

Your EOI will be locked now for 60 days I think because you have an invitation. Once able to, you should edit your experience
Yup looks like the only option - my only other concern being that their annual review happens in July and never know what changes that will bring about
Old May 23rd 2015, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Quick question - when filling out the Employment section in the EOI, it asks you to enter your employment history for the past 10 years. In my case there are only certain jobs that earned me the "skilled level" from that 10 year period.

So should i still enter all my jobs for the past 10 years as the questions states (from 2005 - 2015), or only the 3 recent jobs (from 2011 to-date) which were classified as "skilled employment" by the ACS?

My concern is if i enter the past 10 years of employment then i will end up in the same pickle where SkillSelect miscalculates my experience as "skilled employment for at least five but less than eight years" and awards me extra points.
Old May 24th 2015, 12:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nilv
Quick question - when filling out the Employment section in the EOI, it asks you to enter your employment history for the past 10 years. In my case there are only certain jobs that earned me the "skilled level" from that 10 year period.

So should i still enter all my jobs for the past 10 years as the questions states (from 2005 - 2015), or only the 3 recent jobs (from 2011 to-date) which were classified as "skilled employment" by the ACS?

My concern is if i enter the past 10 years of employment then i will end up in the same pickle where SkillSelect miscalculates my experience as "skilled employment for at least five but less than eight years" and awards me extra points.
They are asking for skilled employment history - if ACS only deem you as skilled in 2011, then that is the only experience you enter provided it is relevant
Old May 25th 2015, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
They are asking for skilled employment history - if ACS only deem you as skilled in 2011, then that is the only experience you enter provided it is relevant
Ok thanks...
Old May 25th 2015, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

MarkHoath is on a distinguished road

Apart from receiving a rejection, you will also receive a 3 year ban from re-applying. Let the offer lapse and then wait for a new offer to be made.

In the Work Experience section you can enter whether the experience is relevant skilled experience (ie claiming points) or not relevant.

For my clients I only even enter relevant experience as that is what counts towards points.
Old May 26th 2015, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkHoath
Apart from receiving a rejection, you will also receive a 3 year ban from re-applying. Let the offer lapse and then wait for a new offer to be made.

In the Work Experience section you can enter whether the experience is relevant skilled experience (ie claiming points) or not relevant.

For my clients I only even enter relevant experience as that is what counts towards points.
Ok thanks - your last paragraph clarifies things perfectly for me