Tim Sorrell's web page.

Old May 13th 2002, 7:20 pm
M Webb

Default Tim Sorrell's web page.

Tim Sorrell's page at http://emigrate.hotshopping.com.au is not working at the
moment. I found it last week and it contained tons of useful information.

If Tim (or anyone that knows him) reads this, then please have a look and try and fix
the problem. It was a gold mine of information and must have been a lot of work.

Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of this page then could they email it to me.

TIA

Mike.

Old May 14th 2002, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tim Sorrell's web page.

I was trying to get into it too yesterday but with no joy. Are you there Tim?
Old May 15th 2002, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

I also found his web page on this adress and this one is working.

http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~timsorrell/emigrate

Nina
Old May 15th 2002, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point

I also found his web page on this adress:

and this one is working.

Nina
Old May 15th 2002, 8:20 am
Andrew

Hi Mike,

An copy of his web site can be found on his web page on dingoblue at

However, the dingoblue internet service is closing down on 30 May. So I don't know
what will happen after that.

Regards, Andrew.

[email protected] (M Webb) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Tim Sorrell's page at http://emigrate.hotshopping.com.au is not working at the
    > moment. I found it last week and it contained tons of useful information.
    >
    > If Tim (or anyone that knows him) reads this, then please have a look and try
    > and fix the problem. It was a gold mine of information and must have been a lot
    > of work.
    >
    > Alternatively, if anyone has a copy of this page then could they email it to me.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mike.

Old May 15th 2002, 11:20 am
Chris

There is also another page on an older web site that may get discontinued according
to Tims comments.....

Best regards, Chris

Jacqui <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was trying to get into it too yesterday but with no joy. Are you there Tim?

Old May 15th 2002, 1:20 pm
M Webb

Jacqui,

A very nice person called Chris has now mailed it to me. If you want me to mail it to
you then email me.

Mike.

Old May 15th 2002, 3:20 pm
Tim Sorrell

Hi Well it's good to know it's being read! Thanks too for the comments from everyone
who sent me an email.

Yup - good old dingoblue is shutting down, so I after much research I decided to
switch to Newtel. Unforunately I am having serious trouble with my new page !

So please bear with me and apologies for the site's temporary disappearance. The
address will remain at http://emigrate.hotshopping.com.au and I'll post again here in
this thread when I know it's up and running.

In the meantime, there haven't been any updates for a while and the copy posted in
this thread is up to date.

However, it's about to double in size, as I am presently editing various bits and
pieces to pull it all together with more topics etc. If you have sent me your email,
then I will let you know when it has been updated. These newsgroups gave me the
motivation to get my page up and running, using the information I had gathered when
we emigrated to Brisbane not long ago (Jan 2000), as well as collating some of the
replies I've made to the newsgroup and emails that we've sent to friends.

Regards Tim, Brisbane.

Old May 16th 2002, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Pommy Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tim
I'm with dingoblue and have to find another ISP like yourself. This will make it the 2nd time we've had to change since we arrived in March 2001, the first ISP we were with closed as well!!! Whats Newtel like? Hopefully third time lucky!!!
Old May 16th 2002, 4:52 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sheila - you as well? I started out with One.Tel, then dingo blue, and now I've gone for an ADSL connection with tpg.

Like you I'm keeping fingers crossed that it's 3rd time lucky.

Best regards.
Old May 16th 2002, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Pommy Sheila is an unknown quantity at this point

Gone ADSL 3 months ago with Telstra Bigpond.
Old May 16th 2002, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

timsorrell is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm finding Newtel to be OK, and they fixed my page once I reported the problem to them within hours.... no idea why it went wrong in the first place though. I don't like the way Newtel force me to use a proxy server, but their deal of $23 per month for unlimited time and unlimited traffic is good. I would of course love to get ADSL... or cable... but no such luck in Samford. Just 30 mins from the city but we are considered too rural to get it any time soon. The other broadband option available to everyone of course is satellite giving 400k download speed, but normal modem speed for upload.... I was thinking of getting that from iHug. Maybe one day!

I too was with Onetel, then Dingoblue ! I got my own back on Onetel though because I bought all of their network cables and patch leads from the Brisbane auction... as well as a desk and bookshelf ! Their computers were too expensive and some over enthusiastic bidders bought the two 42 inch plasma TVs for near retail price!

Getting to grips with Dreamweaver now, so my page might get updated sometime soon!
Regards
Tim