Teaching in Brisbane

Old Oct 29th 2014, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

chrissiefied is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching in Brisbane

Do my English bachelors degree qualifications in education mean i can work in oz or do i need something extra. And how do i go about it
Old Oct 29th 2014, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teaching in Brisbane

Originally Posted by chrissiefied
Do my English bachelors degree qualifications in education mean i can work in oz or do i need something extra. And how do i go about it
Is it a 4 year degree? If it is then you need to get your qualifications assessed. If it isn't 4 yrs then you look for more university training in something relevant. Be aware though that there is an oversupply of teachers in most of the nice places though if you are secondary maths and science you might pick up something eventually.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

weezypenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teaching in Brisbane

My wife is a teacher with a 4 year degree and is finding it hard to get work in QLD
I would strongly recommend you look at the portfolio and interview process you have to do to get into the state system.
Pay a lot of attention to the forms that need to be completed. They are very very specific and if they are no in the correct format you will fail and that then means you cannot teach (worse case scenario) for 2 years in the state system.
Most teachers are applying for private schools that includes teachers from state system.
So jobs are hard to come by.
Also to be elligable for the interview into the state system you have to complete so many days as a substitute ...
So do you homework (no pun intended) and make sure any references and statements of work are in the and on the QLD format....