System analyst SOL

Old Feb 21st 2015, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

williamhu is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile System analyst SOL

Hi,

I have a question about my feasibility when applying for 189 or 190 class visa.

1. I have the Higher Diploma in Software Engineer (India) and BSc in Computing (UK).

2. I have 2.5 year of software engineering experience, 2.1 year of ICT business analysis experience and currently 1 year working as ICT system analyst.

In my case, can I apply under code 261112 - Systems Analyst? I found that both business analyst and system analyst are listed in 'Unit Group 2611: ICT Business and Systems Analysts'. I'm wondering if the ACS consider my experience is 3-year, which is eligible?

I'm thankful for your advice. Looking forward to your reply.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 8:12 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: System analyst SOL

To be deemed skilled in a particular occupation, you need some experience so some experience will be knocked off. The experience that will be reduced depends on your academic qualifications.

Assuming whole of your 5+ yrs of experience to be relevant & your qualifications also being relevant, you might be able to claim points for 3 yrs of skilled experience.

But what are your actual responsibilities, how best you fit into your selected occupation? These are the questions you should try to work out yourself. I would suggest you read everything carefully from the guidelines.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

williamhu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ekhfaiz
To be deemed skilled in a particular occupation, you need some experience so some experience will be knocked off. The experience that will be reduced depends on your academic qualifications.

Assuming whole of your 5+ yrs of experience to be relevant & your qualifications also being relevant, you might be able to claim points for 3 yrs of skilled experience.

But what are your actual responsibilities, how best you fit into your selected occupation? These are the questions you should try to work out yourself. I would suggest you read everything carefully from the guidelines.
Thanks ekhfaiz for your advice. The experience (2.1 years and 1 year) I mentioned is relevant and so is my qualification. Since the Job Titles (Business Analyst & System Analyst) are different however still being grouped in the 'Unit Group 2611: ICT Business and Systems Analysts', my question is whether or not the accumulation of 2.1 and 1 year is acceptable for me to apply with code 261112 - Systems Analyst?
Old Feb 28th 2015, 6:28 pm
Slow & Steady

ekhfaiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Based on what you say 2 years will be deducted.
You can apply but then you'll have no points for experience.