Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Surname and Given name mismatch on ticket and Passport.

Surname and Given name mismatch on ticket and Passport.

Old May 6th 2014, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future
Default Surname and Given name mismatch on ticket and Passport.

Hi All,

My parents are coming on visit to Sydney. I have an issue to discuss.

Suppose the Full name of one traveler is "A B C".

Given name on Passport is: A B
Surname on Passport is : C

But on the ticket it is as under:

Given name on ticket is : A
Surname on ticket is : B C

Will it make some issues during the journey? My parents are travelling from Pakistan.

My travel agent in Pakistan is saying that there is 0% chances of any issue but I am reluctant.

Please guide me if possible.

regards,
Umar Farooq.
Old May 6th 2014, 5:30 am
uzi
Java Dweeb

uzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud ofuzi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Surname and Given name mismatch on ticket and Passport.

It should be ok.
Old May 6th 2014, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itprofessional
Hi All,

My parents are coming on visit to Sydney. I have an issue to discuss.

Suppose the Full name of one traveler is "A B C".

Given name on Passport is: A B
Surname on Passport is : C

But on the ticket it is as under:

Given name on ticket is : A
Surname on ticket is : B C

Will it make some issues during the journey? My parents are travelling from Pakistan.

My travel agent in Pakistan is saying that there is 0% chances of any issue but I am reluctant.

Please guide me if possible.

regards,
Umar Farooq.
Check with the airline.
Old May 6th 2014, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

As per my knowledge name on passport should appear exactly as it is on the airline ticket.

Cheers,
PB
Old May 6th 2014, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peaceboy
As per my knowledge name on passport should appear exactly as it is on the airline ticket.

Cheers,
PB
So it should, but as all the names are on the ticket, its just a question of which are forenames and which are surnames, its probably best to check with the airline - they are the ones who decide whether to let the person board the aircraft.
Not all tickets allow name changes either so be prepared, if the airline says no, then it may mean cancellation, loss of money and rebooking.