Citizenship ceremonies overseas

Old Nov 21st 2017, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all
Default Citizenship ceremonies overseas

I'm looking for help & advice from anyone with prior experience in getting permission to have their Australian citizenship ceremony overseas?

Since passing my test I've had to move to the UK with my husband (an Australian citizen) due to his job. I've supplied evidence of my ongoing ties to Australia to DIBP which they have accepted and I have a letter from them evidencing this.

However, I'm having trouble getting a ceremony I can actually attend - I travel frequently for my job (still with an Australian company) but the dates never match up to when I'm back in Oz.

I'm worried about not meeting the within 12-months requirement so I am trying to get permission to do my ceremony in London. Does anyone have experience with this? I've corresponded back and forth over email but with no success so far. The European Service Center say they can only arrange it in London with permission from a case officer. Does anyone have any advice on who I should be talking to, to get this permission?
Old Nov 21st 2017, 4:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship ceremonies overseas

You need to request this from the case officer dealing with your citizenship application. Ceremonies in London are held every six months.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Missl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to allMissl73 is a name known to all

Thanks BritInParis. Do you know how to contact your case officer or even find out who your case officer is?

Do you think I am safe to assume that if I do manage to get permission to do my ceremony in London and the ceremonies are only every 6 months if that means the next one falls after the 12 month deadline they should make an allowance for that?
Old Nov 22nd 2017, 6:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you have received some correspondence from them?

The next ceremony is in January (Australia Day). The next one is not until September (Citizenship Day). I would aim to get in at the one in January to avoid any further changes scuppering your application.