Subclass 600 visa extension

Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

vineetbahl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 600 visa extension

Guys,

I am a bit confused with what visa has been issued to my parents. Below is what VEVO states:
=======================

Visa grant date XX March 2014

Visa expiry date XX March 2016

Location Offshore

Visa status In Effect

Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after XX March 2016

Period of stay 03 months

Visa condition(s)

8101 - No work: The visa holder cannot work in Australia.

8201 - Maximum 3 Months Study:

========================================

Now, I am not sure how this visa works but I want to ask can my parents stay for up to six months on this visa(in single entry), is it possible for them to apply for Visa extension while in Australia as we would not want them to fly back to India and come back soon.

This may be stupid information but someone told me parents can stay up to 12 months in 18 months on this visa.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 600 visa extension

No your parents cannot stay for six months on a single entry. It seems pretty clear that they can only stay for three months on a single entry. You get what you are given with this visa, you might get 3, 6 or 12 months on a single entry but unfortunately they only got the 3.

They will need to leave, but they don't need to go back to India, they could just go to New Zealand or Fiji.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

vineetbahl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No your parents cannot stay for six months on a single entry. It seems pretty clear that they can only stay for three months on a single entry. You get what you are given with this visa, you might get 3, 6 or 12 months on a single entry but unfortunately they only got the 3.

They will need to leave, but they don't need to go back to India, they could just go to New Zealand or Fiji.
Thanks for a quick one, but they don't have no further stay, so does that mean I can apply for Visa extension while they are here.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vineetbahl
Thanks for a quick one, but they don't have no further stay, so does that mean I can apply for Visa extension while they are here.
The visa is nowhere near expiry, so no they won't be able to extend it. IN any case the end date of the visa, is quite separate to the length on the single entry stay. They have 3 months, best plan around that.