Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Subclass 309 (offshore) - DIBP email response - Final stage

Subclass 309 (offshore) - DIBP email response - Final stage

Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all
Lightbulb Subclass 309 (offshore) - DIBP email response - Final stage

Hi everyone!

INFO: Submitted everything prior to the interview. No additional docs requested by CO during or after interview.

Dear XYZ,

Thank you for your email dated 22-SEP-2014.

Please note that your case officer has been notified that you have uploaded the documents in your immi account.

Your application is still under process and department is working on it to finalize it but we can not give you the time frame. If you wish to apply on visit visa then you need to contact our AVAC centre.

Thanks for your continuous cooperation.

Yours Sincerely
Australian High Commission
Suggestion / Comments appreciated ... like is it positive? how long to go? etc. etc.

-
Old Sep 26th 2014, 4:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 309 (offshore) - DIBP email response - Final stage

Originally Posted by dance123
Hi everyone!

INFO: Submitted everything prior to the interview. No additional docs requested by CO during or after interview.

Suggestion / Comments appreciated ... like is it positive? how long to go? etc. etc.

-
errrr if THEY say they can't give you a timeframe, there's no way anyone on here can!!
Old Sep 26th 2014, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

dance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to alldance123 is a name known to all

Seems like you only focused on that particular point ... I was after suggestions too if such an email has some sort of clue or whatever !!!
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like you only focused on that particular point ... I was after suggestions too if such an email has some sort of clue or whatever !!!
It's quite a poorly written email...is it even genuine??
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Noticed that too bc, some appalling grammatical errors there!
Old Sep 26th 2014, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Noticed that too bc, some appalling grammatical errors there!
Your aren't the first one to notice. It is indeed very poor on their behalf because there were spelling mistakes too. Let me copy and paste the original and you'll see.
But honestly, I didn't make it up .... I swear
Dear XYZ,

Thank you for your email dated 22-SEP-2014.

Please note that your case officer has been notified that you have uploaded
the documents in your imm account.

Your application is atill under process and department is working on it to
finalize it but we can not give you the time frame. If you wish to apply on
visit visa then you need to contact our AVAC centre.

Thanks for your continuous cooperation.

Yours sincerely,
XYZ
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
Australian High Commission
Old Sep 26th 2014, 6:10 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your aren't the first one to notice. It is indeed very poor on their behalf because there were spelling mistakes too. Let me copy and paste the original and you'll see.
The timeframe is going to depend on two things a) when your CO considers they have everything necessary to grant the visa and b) the quotas for the office through which your partner applied. For example London at present has just moved from an 8 month timeline to a 10-14 months one for new applications. Without knowing the office through which you applied, and their predicted timeline, no-one can even hazard a guess. And even then its still dependent on the CO having everything necessary.
London state their timeline quite openly. This office, wherever it is, clearly has a less well defined wait time.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The timeframe is going to depend on two things a) when your CO considers they have everything necessary to grant the visa and b) the quotas for the office through which your partner applied. For example London at present has just moved from an 8 month timeline to a 10-14 months one for new applications. Without knowing the office through which you applied, and their predicted timeline, no-one can even hazard a guess. And even then its still dependent on the CO having everything necessary.
London state their timeline quite openly. This office, wherever it is, clearly has a less well defined wait time.
Applied online off-shore - Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan. Any ideas on applicants timeline from that embassy?

Last edited by dance123; Sep 26th 2014 at 6:14 am.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 11:17 am
Home and Happy

Applied online off-shore - Australian High Commission, Islamabad, Pakistan. Any ideas on applicants timeline from that embassy?
Personally not a clue, and I don't know of any other posters going through there. Try google and see if you can find a forum aimed at migrants from Pakistan, might be lucky

Best I can do is http://www.pakistan.embassy.gov.au/i...22pg9diac.html which quotes 12 months.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 26th 2014 at 11:19 am.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 11:30 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Ah - I didn't realize the email was from the High Commission in Pakistan, I thought it was from Australia which was why I was appalled at the grammar! As it was obviously written by someone whose first language isn't English, then the mistakes are completely understandable.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah - I didn't realize the email was from the High Commission in Pakistan, I thought it was from Australia which was why I was appalled at the grammar! As it was obviously written by someone whose first language isn't English, then the mistakes are completely understandable.
Does that mean I should give myself credit for sounding like a native English speaker?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 11:59 am
Concierge

Does that mean I should give myself credit for sounding like a native English speaker?
Oh why not, give yourself a big pat on the back, your English is excellent
Old Sep 26th 2014, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh why not, give yourself a big pat on the back, your English is excellent
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize