subclass 189 visa application

Old Oct 18th 2014, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

venkates77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subclass 189 visa application

Friends,
I launched my visa application, paid the required fees, filled in all the necessary info and attached all the necessary documents on 09-Oct-2014. I haven't heard anything after that. Can someone help me in understanding what would be the next steps and normally how long it takes to get a case officer assigned.

Thanks,
V
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: subclass 189 visa application

Originally Posted by venkates77
Friends,
I launched my visa application, paid the required fees, filled in all the necessary info and attached all the necessary documents on 09-Oct-2014. I haven't heard anything after that. Can someone help me in understanding what would be the next steps and normally how long it takes to get a case officer assigned.

Thanks,
V
Next step is to wait for CO to contact you. If you have supplied everything needed you will not hear from CO until visa grant. If you have supplied all but medicals and PCC's you will hear from them when you need to do this. If you have missed something you will hear from them. Processing time for 189 is listed as 3 months - Skilled Migration Visa Processing Times. CO's do not contact you just to say application is allocated
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

In my case, i have submitted all the relevant documents except for the medicals ( and the reason for the medicals in pending state is that my wife is pregnant and we want to do the medicals sometime next january).

In the online.immi.go.au the status of the application is "In Progress". Is that correct ?
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:26 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by venkates77
In my case, i have submitted all the relevant documents except for the medicals ( and the reason for the medicals in pending state is that my wife is pregnant and we want to do the medicals sometime next january).

In the online.immi.go.au the status of the application is "In Progress". Is that correct ?
Possibly - they can be wrong, but you've applied, paid and not been refused, I would guess that means in progress.

When CO contacts you about medicals, you can advise of the pregnancy. You should also be able to add newborn before the grant. You should have 12 months from grant to validate visas and everyone needs to validate, including newborn.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Thnx sparkles for your help.