Student Visa - Medicals

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

I have to agree with you pumpkin blossom. I can't find subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882 either, nor the 12 month work experience requirement, and in my obsession to get to Oz (haha) I'm trying to leave no stone unturned.

Pumpkin Blossom, I think this is the relevent updated visa http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../485/index.htm

Last edited by ibioble; Sep 23rd 2007 at 12:19 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Pumpkin Blossom,

I'll check it all out with my agent as he gave me me all the above info. He did say that the visa's would also change, but stated them as they were at time as he said that they change all the time and that equivelents would be available.

The 12 month thing, I only remember him saying that the 18 month visa would allow for the time to do this, I didn't research this further.

As I said, for us the student route is just a means to go over legally so we'r just looking at what we have to do short term and obviously ensuring that there is a means to stay on after. There is no guarentee especially as things change all the time and when it comes to the end of studying, I think there will be far more to worry bout at that end.

As far as hubbies course (cabinet making) I read bout licences n stuff so really, won't know till we'r there, but taking the risk.

There's Sheri (agent at TAFE gold coast and migration agent) on BE and George Lombard (migration agent), they my be able to clarify also.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Here are the actual title's of the visa's as he has told me,

Class UQ subclass 497 - graduate skilled visa
Class DD subclass 880 - independent overseas student
Class DE subclass 881 - Skilled Australian Sponsored overseas student
Class DE Subclass 882 - Designated Area overseas student

I have seen these on BE when everyone has showing info do processing dates, as i said, unsure of what they have been changed to at the moment, and agent didn't tell me as he said they change constantly.

Hope this helps, cheers
Mandy

P.s. I have sent pm to Sheri, al pass on any info.

Cheers

Last edited by mandyp; Sep 23rd 2007 at 12:50 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

louise-ni will become famous soon enough

Thanks Brockie for your help

I didnt realise that the fees would be so much, tho I think we might be able to afford it. I also didnt realise that both of us only could work 20 hours, I thought it was the student. We are heading to a Australian seminar next month to get info, hopefully we will get all info we need. We are both very keen, I think it will take a lot to make us change our mind

Last edited by louise-ni; Sep 23rd 2007 at 8:16 pm. Reason: cant type for toffee :)
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibioble
I have to agree with you pumpkin blossom. I can't find subclasses 495, 880, 881, 882 either, nor the 12 month work experience requirement, and in my obsession to get to Oz (haha) I'm trying to leave no stone unturned.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. LOL.
Louise, if you do a degree course then your other half could work full time. Of course that is more cost and time in the first place, and less likely to pass maybe??

Mandy, that would be great if you could let us know what your agent says, although when it comes to student visas I don't really trust them too much, they all seem to say different things. I suppose because they don't make as much money out of us as the skilled visas.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

ibioble is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking about doing a diploma in IT(software development), as you get 60 points for all computing professional occupations on the SOL.

Has anyone done anything like that, or know of anyone who has, then gained PR?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Hi pumpkin blossm,

Im studying at the tafe in bunbury wa.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Have not heard back from anyone, but thought this was relevant. It does not specify that the work experience should be 1 year, but expains relevant changes from 1/9/07. Any of the visas that specify work experince say minimum 1 year in last 4 or 2 etc.

http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/a...01092007_1.htm

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Heard back from Sherie, and think this explains the confusion!!!

Hi Mandy,
Most students will have to do 12 months graduate skilled visa after their courses unless they can score sufficient points to apply for a skilled visa(PR) without it.
Usually only people under 30 or if young and have a relative to sponsor can you get sufficient points and not to do the extra time. I guess you are over 30 if your agent said you would need it.
The 900 hours is the amount of work experience you must have in addition to any course requirements and work exp needed to pass the course. This is needed to pass the TRA/skill assessment , which you need before you apply for your visa. You can do this whilst doing the course but it can't be part of the course and will need at least 900 hours
Hope this helps,
Sherie

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi,

Heard back from Sherie, and think this explains the confusion!!!

Hi Mandy,
Most students will have to do 12 months graduate skilled visa after their courses unless they can score sufficient points to apply for a skilled visa(PR) without it.
Usually only people under 30 or if young and have a relative to sponsor can you get sufficient points and not to do the extra time. I guess you are over 30 if your agent said you would need it.
The 900 hours is the amount of work experience you must have in addition to any course requirements and work exp needed to pass the course. This is needed to pass the TRA/skill assessment , which you need before you apply for your visa. You can do this whilst doing the course but it can't be part of the course and will need at least 900 hours
Hope this helps,
Sherie

Cheers
Mandy
Oh this is interesting, so when I finish my horticulture course, assuming i pass it! My sister is already a citizen in bunbury could she sponsor me so I wouldnt needto get the work experience??
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

I should have added my course is a 2 year course.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

bummer i will be 31 when i finish my course!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hee hee,

Yeah hubbie (colin) will be 31 too when he finishes his course!!!

Mandy
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

That does explain it, thanks. I will be 30 when I finish my course, assuming the house sells.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Right, done some searching.
This is the perminant visa we would be going for after doing our course:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener.../885/index.htm
and this is the list of all the different points:
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...oints-test.pdf
Personally as long as my occupation stays at the points level it is at now, then if I do the English test to get the 25 points I will have enough points already. If you are 10 points off though that visa gives you the time to get those extra 10 points through working for a year. This is obviously why we have been told different things. LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.