Student Visa - Medicals

Old Sep 14th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default Student Visa - Medicals

Hello all,

I have just applied for my place in college and should find out next week if I get it or not. I have been reading all the posts and everyone seems to be waiting on medicals! is it the same for student visa's? should we front load them? as we need to be in oz mid dec, and course starts feb 08.
Also do you need police checks on a student visa?

thanks
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa - Medicals

No police checks, but you do need the meds. It tells you exactly what to do on the immigration web site under the type of student visa you are going for. It does say you can get your medicals done upto 6 months before getting the visa.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
No police checks, but you do need the meds. It tells you exactly what to do on the immigration web site under the type of student visa you are going for. It does say you can get your medicals done upto 6 months before getting the visa.
Thanks

Have you had your medicals done yet? Your course starts Feb 08 too doesnt it? where are you going to? Do you know if our medicals will go to sydney on the bottom of the big pile like all the people waiting on here, because some people are waiting 8 weeks +. I only have about 13 weeks till we want to be out there.
Have had 2 offers on the hourse in the first week it been up!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

No I haven't had mine done yet, I'm too busy panicking about the house falling through as I haven't been given the solicitors details yet. Probably panicking too soon as we were only expecting them from Wednesday onwards, but we already had one sale fall through, and it all rests on that. They have had the survey, so that is good.

My next plan of action is to start sorting the dog out.

If you do a search for student visas it looks like they are issued in about a week in the UK, so that isn't too bad. I haven't actually looked to see where the medicals go yet.

You can only apply for the visa 4 months before the course starts, so I can't see that they would leave people waiting for 8 weeks.

Where abouts are you doing your course? We are hoping, house selling permitting to be over early December to Adeliade.

Good luck
Old Sep 15th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
No I haven't had mine done yet, I'm too busy panicking about the house falling through as I haven't been given the solicitors details yet. Probably panicking too soon as we were only expecting them from Wednesday onwards, but we already had one sale fall through, and it all rests on that. They have had the survey, so that is good.

My next plan of action is to start sorting the dog out.

If you do a search for student visas it looks like they are issued in about a week in the UK, so that isn't too bad. I haven't actually looked to see where the medicals go yet.

You can only apply for the visa 4 months before the course starts, so I can't see that they would leave people waiting for 8 weeks.

Where abouts are you doing your course? We are hoping, house selling permitting to be over early December to Adeliade.

Good luck

yes i think it must be different with the medicals for getting a student visa. We are going to Bunbury and i will be studying at the loac TAFE hopefully.

Good Luck wit it all
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Same position as all of you a think. Still waiting for student visa to come in and have put the house up for sale. Does anyone know if there are any circumstances that the student visa wouldn't be granted? I kinda assume that cause its a temp visa n your giving them a wad of cash, that they pretty much give them out no problem?

Hopefully this is the case as am sure the house will be sold within the next week give or take, but need to do this so that we can get over before the flight prices go up in Dec!!

The student visas go to London and if no problems are processed beteen 5 and 10 days.

If any problems, like us, the doctor didn't tick box A or B, quite a biggie as thats the question about if the x-rays are ok!!!!

Then sent to Sydney and I believe they are running 8 weeks behind!!!!

I heard that if you get the student visa done over in Australia it is done same day!!!!!

Cheers all
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hi Mandyp

What are you studying in the gold coast?? We are going over next July from Edinburgh to Sunshine Coast not got far with application yet we are just waiting for Confirmation of Enrolment then we can get our visa done.... I'm just looking at everyones comments and as soon as we get it through I wont delay it just to be on the safe side!!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

we have just had an offer from a college so will pay asap and get coe number.
I too was wondering if they ever refuse student visa and for what reasons. I already have my flights booked for early dec as originally it was booked for a family holiday.
How soon after paying does it take to get student visa roughly
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi all, just reading this thread as we are also going under the student visa option.

My wife's course starts beginning of Feb, so the earliest we can apply is early part of October. I understand you can apply online, and at that stage the meds & xray forms are produced, which we hope to then have the medicals a couple of days later and all documents I believe are posted to the London office, or ideally sent as attachments.

We managed to get a pretty good deal with the medical fees, as the doctor suggested he is prepared to conduct the medicals at our home to reduce the costs, so it's roughly now £410 for 2 adults and 2 children including xrays and postage.

Does anyone know the online checklist for student visa's, as I've been informed you will be advised the requirements after you have lodged your application online, is this correct..

Good luck to you all aswell, we are a brave bunch !!!!!!!!
Russ & Sarah
Old Sep 20th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

If you go online at

www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/students

all info on student visa's there. we went through an agent, but all very straight forward and am sure we could have done it ourselves and saved a bit of cash!!!

Cheap meds by the way Russ n Sarah we were bout £650 2 adults and 2 kiddiewinks ( 2 and 1 years).

And I can tell you, I feel like heading back to that doctors and asking for some back after her **** up!!!!! LOL

Off to the Gold Coast TAFE Brockies, colin ( hubbie) studying cabinet making. We couldn't get any visa so this was a last resort to getting over, and although a fairly pricey one, a well couldnt handle all the waiting about all other visas seem to be!!!! And in a lot of ways its all ballanced out i.e. we I still owe a fair bit on my student loan this end, and hubbie has never paid any to his!!

Just wanna be there now!!!!!

Cheers all
Mandy
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Just a wee update from my agent.

He says that all should be fine, only a major health issue would prevent a student visa being granted.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

excellent, thanks for the update.
Catch up with you later
Russ & Sarah
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Hey Mandy

Hubby going to TAFE Nambour Sunshine Coast (Brickie) with us too this was our only option in getting over as I am a Certified Accounts Technician training to hopefully become a fully blown accountant soon and he is a self employed black cab taxi driver?? none on the list!!! It is a very costly way to get over but as I said its what you want in life. Do you have any kids?
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Sorry also meant to mention well done from the news of your agent fingers crossed x
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers guys,

Yeah you gotta weigh it all up n do what you have to do!!!!

Similar situation, Colin self empolyed does general home improvements, we'd have to have waited another 2 years to get TRA n then prob another long wait applying for a visa!!!

I'm a residential worker but don't have a degree so it was well complicated that way too, and also not on the list anyway.

Got 2 kiddiewinks, Logan (fairy princess) 2 and Ashton ( spiderboy) 1. Didn't want to leave it too late for them too, the longer you stay the stronger the attatchment.

Keep the thread going so we can all keep each other updated!!!

We are all a brave bunch but life is for the living!!!!!!

Cheers
Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.