Stressed out hubby!!!

Old May 17th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Stressed out hubby!!!

My hubbys having a very stressfull time at work and its starting to really effect him. Theres a staff psychologist he can talk to but hes worried that if he has time off from work thats stress related it might cause problems with our medicals for the visa.

He doesnt have any mental health problems but deals with a lot of trauma patients from Iraq and is finding the pressure from the government and hiarrachy hard to deal with, as well as looking after injured soldiers.

Personally id rather he just sorts himself out and not worry about the medicals so i was hoping someone could advise me on the sort of questions and checks they do on the mental health side of things.

Thank you
Old May 17th 2007, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Stressed out hubby!!!

I dont think they do mental health checks..Well I dont think I did one
Old May 17th 2007, 11:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton
half of the folk on this board wouldn't have got visas, me included
Old May 17th 2007, 11:14 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I had to provide a medical for a job once and had previously been taking anti-depressants for insomnia. I just asked the doc if she had to mention it and she said no. It wasn't like I had a serious mental disorder. I doubt it would have to be disclosed in a medical. Plus from what I can gather here people can go to doctors other than their own doctor for a medical certificate so he just wouldn't mention it?

My husband has been treated for anxiety (so moving to Oz is going to be fun!!) but I'm not worried that it'll affect a medical exam. I'll be reading other replies with interest!

all the best,

T
Old May 17th 2007, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Fenton
Hmmm How would I know if they did one?
Old May 17th 2007, 11:27 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

the fact that you're querying your own reply suggests they probably should have done one!
Old May 17th 2007, 11:43 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RedT
the fact that you're querying your own reply suggests they probably should have done one!
If you check with DIAC, querying your own replies is deemed acceptable. However, reporting yourself to a Moderator would be considered as barking.

Karl
Old May 17th 2007, 11:50 am
not sure...

so you'd fit right in then? According to my bro who lives in Sydney they're all pretty barking down under!