Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:52 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by donovandenese
you could also try www.parcelmonkey.co.uk who are usually pretty good for uk to oz courier prices
£31.63 from the Monkey!

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

durhamlad is on a distinguished road

Well just sat down and worked my way through the application form for the first time so have a few queries which I hope someone can help me with.
1) who can certify the copies of documents, can it be a JP as in Oz or is it best to use a solicitor.
2)is it best to have my son, my sponsor, fill in his sponsor forms and obtain his certified copies of his documents and send them to me or for me to send him my application forms and let him add his documents and post them for me in Oz.
3)when on holiday in Oz a couple of years ago I visited a doctor using a temporary Medicare registration you receive when holidaying there, does this count as having received any paid benefits or having received any social services as in question 37 on the form.
4)which method of payment is best for the application fee as the info on the form says it can be made by the sponsor provided an official receipt is included with the application.
Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Hi Moira

If you go to http://www.interparcel.com/ you will see on 1st page "quote & book", click on that, next page put in sizes & weight, I have just been on there, change country of destination to Australia and put 1kg weight, 30cms x 30cms x 10cms for size as its only a large envelope. Click next and on the next page you will see several services available, DHL document express is coming up at £25. I am a registered user of Interparcel and that gives me a discount each time, its free to register so try it. Just logged in and it gives me 5% discount so £23.75 so you would save approx $Aus 2.6 at todays rate!!

Good luck

Matt
We sent our application out this month and used DHL World Document Express via interparcel and the price was £20 for 1kg, we had lost the discount code from our son's application and this time our computer blocked them sending the code.
Took 3 days including the pickup day(Monday) to get there for 9.00am Perth time. Very good service both times.

Well worth the £20, Wonda never stopped tracking the dam thing.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Moira

If you go to http://www.interparcel.com/ you will see on 1st page "quote & book", click on that, next page put in sizes & weight, I have just been on there, change country of destination to Australia and put 1kg weight, 30cms x 30cms x 10cms for size as its only a large envelope. Click next and on the next page you will see several services available, DHL document express is coming up at £25. I am a registered user of Interparcel and that gives me a discount each time, its free to register so try it. Just logged in and it gives me 5% discount so £23.75 so you would save approx $Aus 2.6 at todays rate!!

Good luck

Matt
Thanks. I will give it a try Moira
Old Sep 28th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

rosalinka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by durhamlad
Well just sat down and worked my way through the application form for the first time so have a few queries which I hope someone can help me with.
1) who can certify the copies of documents, can it be a JP as in Oz or is it best to use a solicitor.
2)is it best to have my son, my sponsor, fill in his sponsor forms and obtain his certified copies of his documents and send them to me or for me to send him my application forms and let him add his documents and post them for me in Oz.
3)when on holiday in Oz a couple of years ago I visited a doctor using a temporary Medicare registration you receive when holidaying there, does this count as having received any paid benefits or having received any social services as in question 37 on the form.
4)which method of payment is best for the application fee as the info on the form says it can be made by the sponsor provided an official receipt is included with the application.
Thanks
Hi again, I used a local solicitor to certify docs.
I paid my daughter for all vac costs and she is paying using aussie credit cards
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Les Avalook
We sent our application out this month and used DHL World Document Express via interparcel and the price was £20 for 1kg, we had lost the discount code from our son's application and this time our computer blocked them sending the code.
Took 3 days including the pickup day(Monday) to get there for 9.00am Perth time. Very good service both times.

Well worth the £20, Wonda never stopped tracking the dam thing.
Sorry to ask an obvious silly question probably but I'm still learning - hoping to send my application off at Christmas - could I ask why you sent your application by courier -is it because of tmescales

thanks
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Katie1955 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi, I read through all the booklets yesterday so I know the answer to Q2 - send your completed application & all documents to your son & then he can enclose all his documents & forward to the appropriate offices all in the same envelope. I'm still learning & grateful for everyones help & fantastic knowledge.

It's given me the confidence to submit my own application rather than using an agent & saves my money too

thanks for all your advice so far
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Sorry to ask an obvious silly question probably but I'm still learning - hoping to send my application off at Christmas - could I ask why you sent your application by courier -is it because of tmescales

thanks
Price, safety and you can track the documents the whole way through.
That price includes them picking up the doc's from your address. You do not seal the doc's as they have to inspect the contents first then they seal and take away, you can then track progress online.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Katie1955
Sorry to ask an obvious silly question probably but I'm still learning - hoping to send my application off at Christmas - could I ask why you sent your application by courier -is it because of timescales

thanks
Sending by courier is more expensive, but quite a lot quicker and you can track your application from door to door. I don't think that £20 - £25 is too much to pay!

The doctors sent our medicals by Royal Mail and the tracking stopped once it had left these shores, so we will only know that they got there once we get a case officer and he doesn't ask for us to have medicals!!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

coloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nicecoloneldube is just really nice

Thanks
In answer to question one, I work for a Children's Centre and the Centre Manager certified all my documents for me. My daughter asked her children's head teacher to certify hers. My certifications cost me precisely nothing and my daughter's a rather nice bottle of wine.

Question 2, I seem to recall that my daughter sent her stuff to me and I then sent the whole lot off.

I used international signed for to send the package but as someone has already pointed out, you can't track it after it leaves here.

Cathy
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:43 pm

[QUOTE=durhamlad;7971770]Well just sat down and worked my way through the application form for the first time so have a few queries which I hope someone can help me with.

Hi

From DIAC website,

'Certified copies' are copies authorised, or stamped as being true copies of originals, by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you currently reside.

From the Police Clearance Application Form,

Accountant

Bank/building society official

Barrister

Broker

Chairman / Director / Manager / Personnel Officer (limited company)

Chiropodist

Commissioner of Oaths

Councillor: local or county

Civil Servant (permanent)

Engineer (Qualified)

Fire Service Official

General Practitioner

Minister of a recognised religion

Nurse (SRN and SEN)

Member of Parliament

Merchant Navy Officer
Commissioned Officers and Warrant Officers of the Armed Services (active or retired)

Optician/Chemist/Dentist

Police Officer / Police Staff

Post Office Official

Solicitor

Teacher or Lecturer

And of course a Registered Migration Agent.

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

ruth-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that will be a bit of a challenge for you. Does your daughter here have any inkling to emigrate also?

As from 2nd November both our son & daughter will be in Oz, so we won't have that challenge.

Cheers

Matt
We are in the same boat as you leaving our daughter & family behind in the UK she has 3 children, all we can promise is to give her good holidays when she comes out. The exchange rate is awful at the moment, we dare not look at the graph we have made up. Fingers crossed the UK will pick up in some way.
Ruth
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:28 am
Just Joined

ivanab is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Matt!!!

Any news yet???...you are next in the line....The waits killin me ...I hear crickets again....comon PVC whats keeping you???
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Well done Matt for the list of people who can certify copies.

We used a University Lecturer friend at the current rate of a couple of bottles of good wine.

We set up in MS Word;

I certify that this is a true copy of the original document.

Signature: ......... Date:

Name: ........................

Job Title: ........

Address: .........

Telephone Number: ........

We typed in all the details, we then printed this on the back of all our copies and then our friend just signed them.

Our son in Oz used a JP, free in the Hyperdome who has a stamp with her details and then signed and dated his documents.

If documents are not 'offical' (birth certificates etc) like letters of support, mortgage statement, bank statements from Oz etc they do not need to be signed.

We had our holiday this August in Brisbane so we collected all the paperwork from our son and brought it back to UK and then sent one package off to Perth. We have kept copies of everything we have sent.

Regards
Les
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ivanab
Hi Matt!!!

Any news yet???...you are next in the line....The waits killin me ...I hear crickets again....comon PVC whats keeping you???
Hi, well I am not quite next in line as Walna is in front of me. They were acknowledged on 8th May last year and us on 15th! As you have seen how long it has been that they are allocating to 1st & 2nd May we have now got to the stage of "it will happen when it does"!

Cheers

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.