Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all
Default Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Originally Posted by david day
hi quick update for the tracker our AOS bond was placed 22/9/09.We had to change our AOS at the last minute.We are now awaiting the call for 2nd vac. David & Carol
Yippee - Congratulations and another step closer for us all on the timeline. I think they will speed up as the year goes on
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:57 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Yippee - Congratulations and another step closer for us all on the timeline. I think they will speed up as the year goes on
I don't think they could go much slower than at the moment if they tried!

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:44 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by donovandenese
"to complete what appears to be a straight forward form" - i think here is where the danger lies. The forms may well appear to be straightforward but the legislation behind them, and its correct interpretation, can be quite complex.

Most of us posting on the forum are sharing our experiences rather than offering advice as such - because without knowing the full circumstances of an individuals situation it would be impossible to offer advice with 100% accuracy.

I didnt use an agent to apply for my own spouse visa, or my mums CPV. Our cases were relatively straightforward and with lots of research I felt comfortable dealing with these applications myself, along with the shared experiences and support of those on this forum. I will however be using an agent for my dads CPV as I believe his circumstances are more complex and I wouldnt want to interpret the legislation incorrectly and put at risk his chances of getting the visa.
Absolutely spot on. Any "advice" given in a free forum like this is very different from paid advice. People reading these threads should know that and if they don't, well, they alone accept the consequences. But advice for valuable consideration (eg money) is entirely another matter.

Back into a rather lovely autumn in England, and the weather in Melbourne deteriorated markedly after we left; Geelong won the AFL final, but we missed it because it's on a channel called ESPN here which costs more money.

We opened Westpac accounts when we were there. What a pleasant change from doing it in the UK. Just the passports (with visas of course) are needed.

Things seems to be moving as slowly on the CPV administration as usual; and the exchange rate is still a big concern. If it stays at these levels or deteriorates, it will have an impact on decision-making for some of us. Pensions and assets held in sterling have effectively declined by 15 - 30% depending on when we did our original sums. It may be important to recalculate costs of living to avoid later shocks Downunder.

Good luck all.

Steve
Old Sep 28th 2009, 6:48 am

You'd have to say something quite radical to offend any statute on a free forum Les! Keep posting, your input has been extremely useful.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:16 am

Smile Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

Welcome back Steve, I expect it will take you a bit of time to settle back into the routine here! We look forward to your postings and comments.

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:27 am

Cheers Matt - it's always good to be back in one's own home, but we're looking forward to getting to setting up properly in Australia. We saw some very enticing land plots with views of distant ranges; too expensive naturally!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to allBarbaran is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sandch
Cheers Matt - it's always good to be back in one's own home, but we're looking forward to getting to setting up properly in Australia. We saw some very enticing land plots with views of distant ranges; too expensive naturally!
Welcome back Sandch, when we return from Aus we always say we are another goodbye closer. Come the day, and sooner rather than later there will be no more goodbyes for the family! Aus does seem to be having a colder, wetter Winter and Spring seems longer coming. Are you seeing things from a different prospective now that you have your visa and exploring all the possibilities?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Barbaran
Welcome back Sandch, when we return from Aus we always say we are another goodbye closer. Come the day, and sooner rather than later there will be no more goodbyes for the family! Aus does seem to be having a colder, wetter Winter and Spring seems longer coming. Are you seeing things from a different prospective now that you have your visa and exploring all the possibilities?
Thank you. Yes, we do feel empowered somewhat!
We do have a daughter in the UK, so the future will be something of a challenge I think!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by sandch
Thank you. Yes, we do feel empowered somewhat!
We do have a daughter in the UK, so the future will be something of a challenge I think!
Yes that will be a bit of a challenge for you. Does your daughter here have any inkling to emigrate also?

As from 2nd November both our son & daughter will be in Oz, so we won't have that challenge.

Cheers

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

miscellaneous is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Back Steve, I am trying not to feel too jealous of your trip to Melbourne, and your family, stirs up the longing to be up and off with PR in hand, which seems a million billion miles away at present.

Also hope you get some good news soon Matt, as it is being so cheerful which keeps you/us going

Elaine
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by sirmatt101
Yes that will be a bit of a challenge for you. Does your daughter here have any inkling to emigrate also?

As from 2nd November both our son & daughter will be in Oz, so we won't have that challenge.

Cheers

Matt
I'd like to think she could be "encouraged" one day Matt; but not at the moment
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by miscellaneous
Welcome Back Steve, I am trying not to feel too jealous of your trip to Melbourne, and your family, stirs up the longing to be up and off with PR in hand, which seems a million billion miles away at present.

Also hope you get some good news soon Matt, as it is being so cheerful which keeps you/us going

Elaine
Thanks Elaine - I know exactly how you feel because we've been through the frustration. But with luck the processing should speed up a bit in the future (more visas, less applicants); unless DIAC reduces staff numbers of course!
Best wishes
Old Sep 28th 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

ARIOMART is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: STILL VERY SPARKLY contributory parent visa thread part 3.

I have a question about sending my application forms to Oz. Sirmatt said in June that he sent his over by DHL for the price of 19gbp, was that from UK? as It seems to be 29GBP now for Global, 19gbp is in EU. Any help to save 10gbp at this early stage would be appreciated. I have been reading this forum and with its help have managed to fill in the application form and found out so much information that I feel confident to do it now (I didnt at first).
Many thanks Moira
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ARIOMART
I have a question about sending my application forms to Oz. Sirmatt said in June that he sent his over by DHL for the price of 19gbp, was that from UK? as It seems to be 29GBP now for Global, 19gbp is in EU. Any help to save 10gbp at this early stage would be appreciated. I have been reading this forum and with its help have managed to fill in the application form and found out so much information that I feel confident to do it now (I didnt at first).
Many thanks Moira
Hi Moira

If you go to http://www.interparcel.com/ you will see on 1st page "quote & book", click on that, next page put in sizes & weight, I have just been on there, change country of destination to Australia and put 1kg weight, 30cms x 30cms x 10cms for size as its only a large envelope. Click next and on the next page you will see several services available, DHL document express is coming up at £25. I am a registered user of Interparcel and that gives me a discount each time, its free to register so try it. Just logged in and it gives me 5% discount so £23.75 so you would save approx $Aus 2.6 at todays rate!!

Good luck

Matt
Old Sep 28th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

you could also try www.parcelmonkey.co.uk who are usually pretty good for uk to oz courier prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.