Stage of Application

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 7:00 am
Liz & Sand

Hi Group,

Again looking for some general advice. At what stage of an application is an Assurance of
Support requested ? Does this usually happen before or after successful medical ?

Thanks very much

Liz

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 5:20 pm
Mark Gardner

Hi Liz,

I think if you read through the notes that accompany the application booklet, that the
assurance has to be filed by your sponsor and sent in at the same time as the application.

Also I'm pretty sure that DIMA will notify you when and where to have the medical after
they have received your completed application and assurance of support. They will process
the application to a point where the medical is the next stage to be completed, then
notify you.

At least if I read all the info I have correctly it would seem to happen this way, but I
am no expert

Regards

Mark.

--

> Hi Group,
>
> Again looking for some general advice. At what stage of an application is
an
> Assurance of Support requested ? Does this usually happen before or after successful
> medical ?
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Liz

Old Feb 22nd 2001, 10:20 pm
susi & kev

Hi Liz,

as far as I remember, DIMA asked for AOS before the medicals. Non of us had to pay any
amount, I just needed an assurer (who was my mother in law). She went to the DIMA office
in Melbourne and everything was done within 2 Minutes - she told me later, when I was
finally here. So, I would not worry too much about AOS.

Good luck Susi

> Hi Group,
>
> Again looking for some general advice. At what stage of an application is
an
> Assurance of Support requested ? Does this usually happen before or after successful
> medical ?
>
> Thanks very much
>
> Liz

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 7:05 pm
Pete

I can't see how an assurance of support can be asked for until the Embassy has decided to
grant you your visa.

Old Feb 23rd 2001, 11:30 pm
Steve

As I understand it an assurance of support can (in some cases) be a prerequisite for the
grant of a visa. If nobody is prepared to assure you will not be a burden to the
Australian social security system you don't get the visa.

Steve (who could be wrong and actually was once... or maybe I was mistaken)

> I can't see how an assurance of support can be asked for until the Embassy has decided
> to grant you your visa.