Spouse Visa- processing times?

Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

flashmarsh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse Visa- processing times?

Hi

I am English and my husband is Australian. We have been together for 11 years, married for 8 and have a 3 year old daughter. I held a prospective spouse visa before we were married but we left Australia to live in the UK before it became permanent. We are now looking to move back to Australia and I have applied for the spouse visa. I am in the UK and my husband has already gone back to Australia as he got a job over there (we are both teachers).

I am wondering if anyone has a similar history in terms of length of relationship and can give me an idea of the length of time their visa took to process.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa- processing times?

Officially 10-14 months. Unofficially around 6-7 months at the moment. Your length of relationship won't affect your processing time although you are likely to granted PR rather than a temporary visa.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Officially 10-14 months. Unofficially around 6-7 months at the moment. Your length of relationship won't affect your processing time although you are likely to granted PR rather than a temporary visa.
ok, thank you. I hope its 6-7 months as I lodged it in November so we're a few months in. Fingers crossed

Any idea when in the process they assign a case officer?
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:47 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flashmarsh
ok, thank you. I hope its 6-7 months as I lodged it in November so we're a few months in. Fingers crossed

Any idea when in the process they assign a case officer?
Depends how busy they are. Probably 4-5 months in.
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Depends how busy they are. Probably 4-5 months in.
Thank you for your help
Old Feb 1st 2016, 10:50 pm

Keep an eye on your email, including your junk/spam folder.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 11:00 pm

Onshore PR visas are being pushed way, way back... It's actually better to wait until you have achieved subclass 100 visa status offshore before applying then applying onshore as you'll get PR quickly. That being said DIBP are planning major changes to partner migration as early as July so perhaps better to get your application in sooner rather than later.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any more information about spouse visa processing times. I lodged in November, had an email in Feb telling me to organise my health check and police checks which i did within a week. Now I'm just waiting. Anyone able to tell me how long they waited before their visa was granted? Thank you
Old Mar 16th 2016, 10:19 pm

If lodging through London then six to seven months is still reasonably accurate. You've a little while to go yet.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 11:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has any more information about spouse visa processing times. I lodged in November, had an email in Feb telling me to organise my health check and police checks which i did within a week. Now I'm just waiting. Anyone able to tell me how long they waited before their visa was granted? Thank you
I agree with BritInParis, all the grants I've seen lately have been around the 7 month mark.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

If lodging through London then six to seven months is still reasonably accurate. You've a little while to go yet.
Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know my visa was granted today 😊 Exactly 5 months after lodging which is amazing. And PR straight away as you predicted. Thank you for your advice- it gave me something to aim for.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:43 pm

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know my visa was granted today 😊 Exactly 5 months after lodging which is amazing. And PR straight away as you predicted. Thank you for your advice- it gave me something to aim for.
Congratulations - happy to be of help
Old May 4th 2016, 6:26 am
blondie

BB and LG will become famous soon enough

I lodged my 309/100 application online on the 8th November, 2015. I was appointed a case officer on 13th January but heard nothing more since then. No request for medicals or police check and I'm a few days short of the 7 month mark.
I see some people are getting their visa granted around the 5 month mark and others around the 7-8 month mark. I know I can't hurry them up but I would feel better if I had at least been requested to go for my medicals etc. My case officer is part-time and works 2 half days and one full day a week....I'm hoping this isn't slowing my application.
I'm English, my partner is Australia. We have been together nearly 13 years and married for 8 years. We just want to get moving!
Old May 4th 2016, 7:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BB and LG
I lodged my 309/100 application online on the 8th November, 2015. I was appointed a case officer on 13th January but heard nothing more since then. No request for medicals or police check and I'm a few days short of the 7 month mark.
I see some people are getting their visa granted around the 5 month mark and others around the 7-8 month mark. I know I can't hurry them up but I would feel better if I had at least been requested to go for my medicals etc. My case officer is part-time and works 2 half days and one full day a week....I'm hoping this isn't slowing my application.
I'm English, my partner is Australia. We have been together nearly 13 years and married for 8 years. We just want to get moving!
you will hear something soon. At least you will get PR straight away, people going from 309 to 100 currently have another 12-15 month wait after the 2 years on the 309
Old May 4th 2016, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

That being said DIBP are planning major changes to partner migration as early as July so perhaps better to get your application in sooner rather than later.
What changes are they planning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.