Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Blooming heck, now I'm worried, my husband & I only done one page each. Was straight to the point with key dates, meeting, engaged, marriage, kids, moving houses & hols. Was hoping that being married for 16 years and having two kids would be enough evidence that the relationship was genuine.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Thanks for the advice, its good to see that everyone does theres a little differently and theres no right our wrong way to do it.

Looks like I'm all ready to go, just waiting on my husbands stuff from Australia and we can lodge. Exciting times.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

Qantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of lightQantasflyer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by njbrown
Blooming heck, now I'm worried, my husband & I only done one page each. Was straight to the point with key dates, meeting, engaged, marriage, kids, moving houses & hols. Was hoping that being married for 16 years and having two kids would be enough evidence that the relationship was genuine.
Don't panic! My partner and I only had 1.5 pages each, straight to the point with all the key info. Then again we've only been together for a year and a half when we applied so there wasn't all that much to tell.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

RainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by njbrown
I second what Qantasflyer said - you'll be fine! Marriage and kids IS evidence of a genuine relationship; I think those of us with fewer years behind us and none of the serious stuff tend to overcompensate to convince DIAC we're for real!

Everybody's relationship is different. Plenty of ink was used in our statements to explain why we're not married and don't have kids, and how this doesn't mean our relationship isn't genuine. We also had to explain a period of separation (his job, my studies).

I think DIAC would probably prefer short statements like yours; they can always ask you for more information if necessary. We probably gave them too much!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

njbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nicenjbrown is just really nice

Thanks All, that's put my mind at rest. Will now need to be patient, easier said than done.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Anth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really nice

Just a quickie, just finalising my application and I am a little stuck. I have been married before and long divorced but in the check list it asks for a copy of the marriage certificate, but you hand it in to the court when getting divorced so I don't have a copy, I do have all my Decree Absolute which I am including is that sufficient?.

Old Feb 1st 2011, 12:17 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anth0ny
Just a quickie, just finalising my application and I am a little stuck. I have been married before and long divorced but in the check list it asks for a copy of the marriage certificate, but you hand it in to the court when getting divorced so I don't have a copy, I do have all my Decree Absolute which I am including is that sufficient?.

Yes, it is sufficient! I was in the same situation and had my visa granted without it being queried.

Good luck with your application
Old Feb 1st 2011, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Matt_Tiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all.
Being new to this forum, I have spent the last hour flicking around the area of interest to my partner and I (Class 820 visa) and am starting to sweat a little.

My partner is American, here on a WHV which expires april 7th. We are planning to get her on a 820 visa, applying sometime in March.

She has lived continuously with me since her date of arrival (april 7 2010), with a further seven months in 2009. My main worry is the time factor. On the immi website, there is a part about allowing for couples to be seperated for a period of time, provided you can give evidence of relationship during that time.

For 2009, we don't have much in the way of proof, besides word of my folks (on that note, does living at home count against you?), photographs and.. Well thats about it. She was on a tourist visa at the time, and had no official correspondance to our address. However, she did extend the visa, citing wanting to stay with me. Would this assist at all?

We have facebook messages going back to when we were a cute little internet couple, in addition to plenty of chatlogs from both before and after she spent the first seven months with me in 2009. Would this be enough to convince immi that we were sincere?

Sorry to spit out such a mouthful, I'd ask a migration agent but we can barely scrape together enough money to afford the visa, let alone luxeries such as agents

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Wanted.in.Australia is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my visa grant email tonight...WOOHOOO!

I was really shocked to receive the grant email tonight 5 months after applying, I was quoted 6 months when I applied and thought it wouldnt turn up until the 6th month or after due to all the delays.

Just want to thank everyone on here for all the support and assistance during the application process I wouldnt have done it without you all!

Oh and for anyone still waiting, hopefully things are speeding up at the Australian High Commission and you all hear something soon!

Thanks again!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wanted.in.Australia

I was really shocked to receive the grant email tonight 5 months after applying, I was quoted 6 months when I applied and thought it wouldnt turn up until the 6th month or after due to all the delays.

Just want to thank everyone on here for all the support and assistance during the application process I wouldnt have done it without you all!

Oh and for anyone still waiting, hopefully things are speeding up at the Australian High Commission and you all hear something soon!

Thanks again!

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! It's great to finally hear some good news, keeps the rest of us all going. I submitted mine exactly one month after you and was quoted 5 to 6 months so hopefully I will be soon too.
Enjoy celebrating and good luck with your future plans
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wanted.in.Australia

Thanks again!
Congrats on getting your visa. I've still to submit mine as I went for my medical today and am going to double check all the forms and evidence at the weekend and submit everything next week. We're hoping to go in October so if it is a 5-6 month turn around that is fine by me.

Congrats again and good luck with the move.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Kamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud ofKamie26 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Congrats on getting your visa. I've still to submit mine as I went for my medical today and am going to double check all the forms and evidence at the weekend and submit everything next week. We're hoping to go in October so if it is a 5-6 month turn around that is fine by me.

Congrats again and good luck with the move.

Good luck.

I'm submitting mine next week. It may have to go with out the police clearance certificate from Australia as its still to turn up, they have had to send me a duplicate as the original appears to have gone missing (just my bloody luck). I'm having my medicals done next Wednesday and have my police cert from here. I have all the documentation that I am ever going to have from here (which isn't a lot) and the hubby is sending over all his stuff and the stat decs from his family on Monday so I may as well bung it in rather than wait any longer. They can always ask for anything I haven't included but chances are that if its not included, I don't have it anyway. I've accepted that mine is not going to be straight forward as I was turned down for a de facto visa that I submitted in Australia years ago (ironically my de fact partner was my now husband) but that was purely because I didn't submit all my evidence, like medicals and what not because I came home to look after my mum. It looks like they didn't receive my request to suspend the visa application as the decision went ahead anyway.

In a twisted way, I'm hoping that this will actually be confirmation of our relationship rather than be a hindrance, because even though we left the country, we still went on to get married and seven years later here we are applying again. Hubby has his permanent residency over here due to our relationship (hopefully they will see the UK government believe in our relationship to be a good thing), and has done for a few years, so I am hoping that they are going to see that despite the fact that I shred documents OCD style and we have virtually nothing on paper, that we are a committed couple that have been together for a number of years who plan on spending the rest of their days together.

Ironic isn't it, I couldn't be bothered in we stayed put in the UK or move to Australia, its him that wants to move because he's so homesick and yet its me having to jump through hoops. Oh well, I guess if me having to stress a little and jump through a few hoops is what it will take to make him happy, its what I'll do. He deserves it. He wanted to go a couple of years ago and then balm my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He stayed here even though he hated it so much for two reasons, he loved my mum and wanted to be here for her until the end (they were like best mates, rather than mother and son in law) and also because he loved me and wanted to support and look after me because I was not doing to well after her diagnosis. When she passed in March last year, he still stayed so that I had a proper time to grieve and to do my year of firsts with my family. I'll jump through as many hoops as I have to for my husband now.

Once thats done and I'm assigned a CO, I'm hoping to go on a ETA to join him by the end of Feb. To be honest, I'm looking forward to seeing him more than actually bringing the application part to a close.

Now all I have to do is to find someone to look after my cats and I'm good to go

OMG I think I have written pretty much our whole life story. I'm felling a little talkative tonight and have no one around to talk to as he's gone ahead to find a job, which he did in his first week, so yippee, thats the question about being able to support me out of the way.

Right I will stop talking now
Old Feb 4th 2011, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Yidmister is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. I just received the email to say my sub class 100 visa has been granted. So happy. I would like to thank everyone who helped me along the way and I want to wish everyone else who is still waiting all the best.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yidmister
Hi all. I just received the email to say my sub class 100 visa has been granted. So happy. I would like to thank everyone who helped me along the way and I want to wish everyone else who is still waiting all the best.
Congratulations - brilliant news to get PR too! Can you share your timeline with us please?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Sparky33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

I sent my subclass 300 application in last week. I've had my medical and got all police checks uk, Ire and Aus all sent together.

My Credit Card has already been deducted the full visa amount. Just thought I'd start a timeline.

Hs anyone received approval within 5 months??

Cheers

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.