Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jan 11th 2011, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by mitchelley
Thanks i am currently in UK as i am applying from here but need australian one. would they send it to UK? and not sure how to pay for it because has to bbe in australian dollars haha
We sent the form to my partner's brother in Oz and asked him to forward it to the AFP with a check for the $43. Do you know anyone in Oz that would be willing to do that for you? There's no problem getting it sent to the UK, we got ours sent straight to us here in Scotland. It asks on the form which address you want it sent to.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Usually live in UK but on Tourist visa i Stay in Victoria, Australia
mitchelley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mazza12
We sent the form to my partner's brother in Oz and asked him to forward it to the AFP with a check for the $43. Do you know anyone in Oz that would be willing to do that for you? There's no problem getting it sent to the UK, we got ours sent straight to us here in Scotland. It asks on the form which address you want it sent to.
yea my friend or partner should be able to do it.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

RainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant futureRainDog has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xzibit
And the final question that we can't seem to find is that if we apply whilst fiance is on the WHV, but it is not granted before the WHV expires, do we have to leave or do they give us a bridging visa?
Your fiancee will be automatically be put on a bridging visa when she applies for the partner visa. I applied on the last day my WHV was valid and have now been on a bridging visa for 7 months (and counting).

Good luck with your application!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RainDog
Your fiancee will be automatically be put on a bridging visa when she applies for the partner visa. I applied on the last day my WHV was valid and have now been on a bridging visa for 7 months (and counting).

Good luck with your application!
Many thanks for that, it was a big concern of ours.

Just hope the 6 month employment rule isn't too much of a pain.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Hi all

I applied for 309 Visa April 2010 and it was approved Sep 2010. From when does the 2 year temp visa commence? Sorry if this has already been answered, but I am to tired to read entire thhread.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 8:58 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kellz
Hi all

I applied for 309 Visa April 2010 and it was approved Sep 2010. From when does the 2 year temp visa commence? Sorry if this has already been answered, but I am to tired to read entire thhread.
The 2 year clock starts ticking from the date you applied for the visa. DIAC will usually contact you a couple of months before the 2 years is up and send you paperwork explaining what you need to do. For me, it was stat decs from OH and myself and new police checks and Form 80 which I had never completed. So you make sure you keep DIAC up to date with your address and you should hear around Feb/March 2012.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Anth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really nice

Hi all, I have a thread going in the forum here but now I have found this thread I guess I shall move in

This is just a copy of my last post which hopefully someone in here can point me in the right direction:

Thanks for the replies. We have large enough savings to support ourselves for a year, possibly 2 so work is not an issue.

We are currently waiting on the stat decs from Kylie's family to lodge with our application. I am planning on front loading the med and police check, but I don't know what med check I need, where the info is for this, or how to get the required police check done for this visa.

Your help is very much appreciated
I shall leave the other thread alone now.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anth0ny
Hi all, I have a thread going in the forum here but now I have found this thread I guess I shall move in

This is just a copy of my last post which hopefully someone in here can point me in the right direction:

Hi Anthony

Have you read the info on the link below from the DIAC website?
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/

You may find the answer to your question here. It also provides a link to the list of Panel doctors in the UK that can carry out your medical.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Mairi
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hello again Anthony

Forgot about the UK Police check link. Here it is below
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

And the Australian police check link if that applies to you is
http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...ce-checks.aspx

Cheers
Cheers
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Anth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really niceAnth0ny is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Hi Anthony

Have you read the info on the link below from the DIAC website?
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/

You may find the answer to your question here. It also provides a link to the list of Panel doctors in the UK that can carry out your medical.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
Mairi
Hi thanks for the link, this bit concerns me though
After your health examination the reports will be sent to the department, by the doctor. There are no circumstances where you or a migration agent should be directly sending any health reports to the department.

The doctor will not tell you the results of the medical examination. However, the doctor will let you know if you have a health-related problem.

Once commenced, all medical reports and x-rays for the health examination become the property of the department and cannot be returned to you.
If I am front loading my application how can I do this when I dont get the meds?, and finally for this post is form 26 the same for the Medical examination & HIV/HEP B/HEP C test if so may as well get HIV tested.

Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

If I am front loading my application how can I do this when I dont get the meds?, and finally for this post is form 26 the same for the Medical examination & HIV/HEP B/HEP C test if so may as well get HIV tested.

Thanks.
I got my medicals done in August in Edinburgh and the hospital sent the medicals directly to Australia House in London. I then completed my visa application in September and sent it to Australia House with a cover letter stating when and where my medicals had been carried out and stating that my medical information from the hospital should already be with them.

I completed Forms 26 and 160 for my full medical, chest xray and HIV blood test. I also had to sign an additional form at hospital agreeing to the HIV test.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Hi. I'm going to be doing the same as you and front loading my visa with police and medical checks, and actually have my medical booked for 27th and haven't handed in my application yet. The medical is sent direct to the High Commission, and they will match it to your application by using the passport details given at the medical. If you haven't sent the application in by that point, they will just hold on to it until it is received and then match it to the application. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
The doctor sends the meds to DIAC nowadays, but it means you can go ahead and do the medical without having to wait for it to be requested - hence it arrives at DIAC about the same time as your application.

You don't get a choice about an HIV test, its compulsory for a Spouse Visa.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thankyou all for the replies, I will be booking a med this afternoon so could someone point me in the direction for the UK police check, I have found the Australian police info I need (I lived there for a while & overlooked the need for a check to be done) so thats another form I guess I will be waiting on.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Thankyou all for the replies, I will be booking a med this afternoon so could someone point me in the direction for the UK police check, I have found the Australian police info I need (I lived there for a while & overlooked the need for a check to be done) so thats another form I guess I will be waiting on.

The UK one you get from ACPO. Link for the form is below. Print it off and send to them with a cheque for £35 and they will send it back.

www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.