Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Spouse Visa Circle continued - Dec 2010 - 2011

Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: Usually live in UK but on Tourist visa i Stay in Victoria, Australia
mitchelley is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Spouse Visa Circle

some of the best news have heard in a while haha. thank you so much x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:29 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by mitchelley
some of the best news have heard in a while haha. thank you so much x
You're very welcome! It's mad the things we start to worry about when gathering the paperwork for our visas! I think we've all been there and done that ..... well I certainly did
Old Jan 11th 2011, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

definately especially because i am applying in the Uk for my aus de-facto. going to have a heart attack by the time i have applied haha. every little thing is stressing me out. so happy there is this website to help x
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ravvers
Big thank you to everyone who has posted on here. I've read ALL of this thread over the past few days and I've gathered loads of tips and info. on applying for spouse visa, which I plan to do this month.

I'm a Brit married to an Aussie and we have a 1 year old son. We've been together for 5 years and will be married for 3 years come this August. Our son already had Aussie citizenship as we registered him as a Brit and an Aussie as soon as he was born, so I'm the only one who needs a visa.

What has been worrying me is all the evidence needed, but after reading this thread I'm a bit more clued up on what I need to send, thanks to the people who have been gratned visas and have posted what they submitted. This gives me a good starting point!

I've also sent our requests to 4 of my friends to do stat decs for us and 3 of OH's Aussie friends to do the official 888 ones. I've also sent off for the police certificate last week, so hopefully that will land on my doormat soon.

Do you think it is worth doing my medical in advance?

We're hoping to have a visa granted so that we can go to Oz in September

Good luck to everyone else currently applying for a visa and thanks in advance to people who give advice to any (probably stupid panicking) questions I post.

Rav. xx
Hi Rav I applied for my de facto visa in September and my case officer has intimated that current processing times are 5 to 6 months. If you definitely want to go in September then I would recommend that you do the medicals in advance as I did. Assuming the visa is granted, then you need to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of your police or medical checks whichever is datest earliest. This would not be a problem if you intend to go in September.
Hope this helps.
Mairi
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Spouse Visa Circle

thought u had to wait to get medical and police checks until you had applied and the immigration notified you to do them?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Ravvers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mazza12
Hi Rav I applied for my de facto visa in September and my case officer has intimated that current processing times are 5 to 6 months. If you definitely want to go in September then I would recommend that you do the medicals in advance as I did. Assuming the visa is granted, then you need to enter Australia within 12 months of the date of your police or medical checks whichever is datest earliest. This would not be a problem if you intend to go in September.
Hope this helps.
Mairi
Thanks for the advice, I'll book a medical then if it will help speed up the process. My hubbie is a Deputy Principal so he'd like to work up to the end of this school year and then we'd spend the summer holidays saying bye to family and friends and hopefully be on a plane after that.

If you applied in September, you'll hopefully be getting a visa soon. Good luck with that and for you. xx
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

thought u had to wait to get medical and police checks until you had applied and the immigration notified you to do them?
If you're applying for the visa at the Aussie High Commission in London, then they allow you to frontload your application with all the evidence needed, including police and medical checks.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Mazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud ofMazza12 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xzibit
Hello to everyone in here. I'm new to the thread, but you'll get to know my name soon enough as me and my fiance are going to be applying for a defacto visa in the next coming months.

I'm on a 176 PR visa, which I applied for before I met my now fiance. I met her around the time it was granted, and we've now been together over 2 years, and recently got engaged. We've lived together since November 2009, and I recently left my job here in the UK, due to there being no work and I decided to go visit family in oz for 8 weeks, unfortunately my fiance (then girlfriend) couldn't get that much time off work and was only out there for 2 and a half weeks, but that was long enough for her to fall in love with the country, and actually wants to move out there now!!

So as I don't have a job in the UK, and things aren't looking great in getting one here due to there being none in my profession advertised, we're going in March.

We have decided for her to go out on a WHV, as being on holiday and living somewhere are completely different. If after 2 months or so, we really decide we want to stay, we will apply for a defacto. We're hoping that it'll be granted before the WHV expires though.

Anyway, I'm currently just scanning in evidence of our relationship, and realised that we don't have too much, but we have council tax bills from 2009/2010 but all the utility bills are in my finace's name (we actually asked the utility companies to add my name, but they never did, but at the time it didn't matter). I have bank statements proving that I make a monthly payment to her (although in my hilarious wisdom I put the reference down as 'lap dancing' opposed to something sensible), and we also have two car insurance certificates with both of our names on.
I'm also scanning in christmas and engagement cards with both our names on to show that we are recognised as a couple.
I can only find 1 photo of us together!! When we go on hol, one of us has always been behind the camera as I refuse to pass it to anyone just incase they steal it lol. But I'm going to be asking family if they have any of us.

Anyway, sorry to bore you all. Hopefully will be posting a bit more in here shortly.

Leigh
Hi Leigh

We didn't have a huge amount of evidence in joint names either but we did have plenty of correspondence addressed to us individually at the same address over the years - I'm hoping this is ok. We also had separate bank accounts but opened a joint account with the specific purpose of saving for our move to Oz. Love the lap dancing reference - should give the Case Officer a laugh
Like you, we didn't have a lot of photos of us together but sent some individual ones tying into holiday dates that we'd highlighted and some group ones showing me and my OH with opposite family members etc.
We also sent joint gym membership and hotel and flight bookings showing both of our names.
Good luck with your application
Mairi
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

If you're applying for the visa at the Aussie High Commission in London, then they allow you to frontload your application with all the evidence needed, including police and medical checks.
Oh okay. i will try to do that as well then. I have lived in Oz for a total of 2 years travelling. should i get police check there as well as UK?
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Oh okay. i will try to do that as well then. I have lived in Oz for a total of 2 years travelling. should i get police check there as well as UK?
You need a police check for any country you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years. I guess if you were in Oz for the whole 2 years then yes, they'd probably want a police check for there too.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

You need a police check for any country you have lived in for more than 12 months in the past 10 years. I guess if you were in Oz for the whole 2 years then yes, they'd probably want a police check for there too.
How do i get one for oz??? does it cost much??
Old Jan 11th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

I don't know how much they cost as I don't need one, so not looked into it. You should be able to find out what you need from this link

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/char...ords-check.htm

Last edited by Ravvers; Jan 11th 2011 at 12:15 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Leigh

We didn't have a huge amount of evidence in joint names either but we did have plenty of correspondence addressed to us individually at the same address over the years - I'm hoping this is ok. We also had separate bank accounts but opened a joint account with the specific purpose of saving for our move to Oz. Love the lap dancing reference - should give the Case Officer a laugh
Like you, we didn't have a lot of photos of us together but sent some individual ones tying into holiday dates that we'd highlighted and some group ones showing me and my OH with opposite family members etc.
We also sent joint gym membership and hotel and flight bookings showing both of our names.
Good luck with your application
Mairi
Hello and thanks. We can prove that we've lived together since November 2009 (in a 1 bed apartment) and that we share a car and bills and we have some photos showing us in the same places on trips, and family and friends will confirm it all, so we should be ok. Oh, and we're engaged.

To everyone - we have spent hours reading on the immi site, booklet 1 and on this forum and we think that we will be ok, but some reassurance would be good.

I am an Australian PR on a 176 family sponsored visa, which was validated in December 2008.
My fiance and I met in November 2008, and started dating January 2009. We moved in together in November 2009, and got engaged November 2010. (writing this seems like November is our lucky month )

We both love Australia, and because of my PR visa, it's possible. The reason that we are planning on applying onshore, is that currently there is little work in my profession in the UK, and am having issues finding a job, and also as we have only both ever had holidays to Australia we would like to give it a go for a few months opposed to committing to applying from the UK and then finding we don't want to stay. Therefore my fiance will travel on a WHV, and I on my 176 visa. If we decide that we do indeed want to stay after 2/3 months, then we are eligible to apply for an onshore defacto visa.

Have we got it all correct? And the final question that we can't seem to find is that if we apply whilst fiance is on the WHV, but it is not granted before the WHV expires, do we have to leave or do they give us a bridging visa?

Both very excited right now.

Last edited by xzibit; Jan 11th 2011 at 12:27 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

This link gives you all the details and the link to download the form.
http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...ecks.aspx#fees

The current cost is $43.00
Old Jan 11th 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

This link gives you all the details and the link to download the form.
http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/pol...ecks.aspx#fees

Thanks i am currently in UK as i am applying from here but need australian one. would they send it to UK? and not sure how to pay for it because has to bbe in australian dollars haha

The current cost is $43.00
Thanks i am currently in UK as i am applying from here but need australian one. would they send it to UK? and not sure how to pay for it because has to bbe in australian dollars haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.