Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Spouse IELTS Requirement during visa lodgment

Spouse IELTS Requirement during visa lodgment

Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse IELTS Requirement during visa lodgment

hi all,

I am the main applicant and my spouse is the dependent. she already did the Master in Information Technology (2 years) and BSc in Information Technology
(4 years) in English Medium.

Is it required to show functional English for her , even though she possess her higher education in English Medium ?

I really appreciate your responses.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse IELTS Requirement during visa lodgment

Originally Posted by dilruk336
hi all,

I am the main applicant and my spouse is the dependent. she already did the Master in Information Technology (2 years) and BSc in Information Technology
(4 years) in English Medium.

Is it required to show functional English for her , even though she possess her higher education in English Medium ?

I really appreciate your responses.
Yes you need to prove she has functional English - How can I prove I have functional English?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Yes you need to prove she has functional English - How can I prove I have functional English?
She did the exam once in 2013 February ( 2 years before ) and now it is expired.
Can I still use this as evidence since DIAC accept results not later than 3 years ?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

She did the exam once in 2013 February ( 2 years before ) and now it is expired.
Can I still use this as evidence since DIAC accept results not later than 3 years ?
I take it you didn't bother looking at the link then!

From the link you couldn't be bothered to read
•Completed a degree, a higher degree, a diploma or a trade certificate that required at least two years of full-time study or training in an institution in or outside Australia and all instructions were in English.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I take it you didn't bother looking at the link then!

From the link you couldn't be bothered to read
Thanks for the reply. My Question is Can I use this results as evidence ?
Old Feb 27th 2015, 8:55 am

Thanks for the reply. My Question is Can I use this results as evidence ?
If it is acceptable to DIBP and you want to use that rather than her education in English as you previously suggested then do that instead.