State Sponsorship

Old Apr 5th 2010, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough
Default State Sponsorship

Hello lovely people,

Probably a daft question but ...

Is it possible to apply to 2 or 3 states for sponsorship at the same time & if so (and if successful for those states) would DIAC grant a visa giving us the choice of state ?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: State Sponsorship

Generally the states don't like you doing this, they do check and sometimes ask you to cancel your other applications or just take it as a sign you're not committed to them, possibly causing them to reject your application.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stressed Eric
Hello lovely people,

Probably a daft question but ...

Is it possible to apply to 2 or 3 states for sponsorship at the same time & if so (and if successful for those states) would DIAC grant a visa giving us the choice of state ?
And to add to what Freebo said, no you definitely would not get a visa giving you the choice of which state to live in. You have to accept a sponsorship and could not accept more than one.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Stressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the roughStressed Eric is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Guys, thought so

Another one for you; could you work in 1 state SS but live in another ?

Last edited by Stressed Eric; Apr 5th 2010 at 12:39 pm.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys, thought so

Another one for you; could you work in 1 state SS but live in another ?
If you accept SS you are supposed to live and work in that state for 2 years.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Freebo
Old Apr 5th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Thanks Freebo
I knew of guy which was accepted for wa ss, and worked in nsw. he had his visa canceled.

but i understand if have a good enougth argument and you showed you have tried to to gain employment. You can leave early or have it transfer to another

Last edited by wookiee06; Apr 5th 2010 at 7:51 pm. Reason: hhhhhh
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wookiee06
I knew of guy which was accepted for wa ss, and worked in nsw. he had his visa canceled.

but i understand if have a good enougth argument and you showed you have tried to to gain employment. You can leave early or have it transfer to another
I wonder how that happened, as a 176 visa grant says "the holder can live & work in Australia without any restriction from this department", and since its a DIAC document and they alone control the issuing of visa's...
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by freebo
I wonder how that happened, as a 176 visa grant says "the holder can live & work in Australia without any restriction from this department", and since its a DIAC document and they alone control the issuing of visa's...
If you check a visa can be cancelled at any time and also like other common wealth immigration visas, there is probation period on the visa. Canada is two years, and do not know long Australia is. This is how he got cancelled
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

If you check a visa can be cancelled at any time and also like other common wealth immigration visas, there is probation period on the visa. Canada is two years, and do not know long Australia is. This is how he got cancelled
Can you show a link or reference to substantiate that? The visa grant makes no reference to any probation period, and I've never seen any mention of it on here, nor been advised of one by my, or any other RMA. Maybe you're thinking of temporary rather than permanent residency?

If course it may be different in Canada, but the two systems are not the same.

Having said all that, you should only apply for SS if you intend to live & work in that state for 2 years, its a moral rather than legal obligation though.

Last edited by freebo; Apr 6th 2010 at 7:24 am.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I don't think so either. There is no "probation period" on the PR visas. Are you thinking of one of the regional provisional visas, those have cancellation clauses but not what we are talking about on this thread.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Nope I don't think so either. There is no "probation period" on the PR visas. Are you thinking of one of the regional provisional visas, those have cancellation clauses but not what we are talking about on this thread.
Like your self never seen it or heard about, only seen it on his appeal's letter with reference to MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 501
"Refusal or cancellation of visa on character grounds " point 3 point b

Last edited by wookiee06; Apr 6th 2010 at 8:06 am. Reason: jhgjhg
Old Apr 6th 2010, 4:34 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
And to add to what Freebo said, no you definitely would not get a visa giving you the choice of which state to live in. You have to accept a sponsorship and could not accept more than one.
Hello everybody!

Well, here is MY situation, I have applied to Vic SS on March 24th. As stated on thier site, it will take 8 weeks to process - meaning by 24th May. Suppose they refuse my application then I will have no time left to apply to another state before the CSL rules change !. You see, I MUST apply before July, preferably by start June. Any advice here ? I am thinking about applying to 2 more states. Any suggestions from some senior members?

Cheers,

TAA
Old Apr 6th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Like your self never seen it or heard about, only seen it on his appeal's letter with reference to MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 501
"Refusal or cancellation of visa on character grounds " point 3 point b
No mention of a probation period there, and having had a quick glance at the act it seems to be for serious criminals, drug addicts & the mentally ill