Sponsored V Permanent Skilled Visa......

Old May 22nd 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Gayle and Ross is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsored V Permanent Skilled Visa......

Morning everyone

Looking for some advice....

We are currently in the process of applying for a skilled WA state visa through Go Matilda. We are at the second stage and the OH is writing his CDR at the moment.

He has recently been contacted by a recruitment agency in Perth as one of their clients is desperately looking for draughtsman. They are offering to sponsor us however we are not sure where that leaves us with Go Matilda.

I realise that the sponsored visa isnt a permanent visa however is it possible to convert this in country?

We're unsure whether to keep going through the process with Go Matilda or go down with the sponsored visa

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:53 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsored V Permanent Skilled Visa......

you can have multiple applications going at the same time. There is no "conversion". So if your prospective employer lodges a sponsorship application, you then apply for your end and in all likelihood this visa will have come through first. I assume the offer you are referring to is for a temp sponsored visa, not the ENS permanent visa, in which case there would be a clash indeed.

You can go ahead with the PR application with Go Matilda, for two reasons - your employer is under no obligation to sponsor your for permanent visa, and things (read - rules) change over time, so if you are eligible now and things seem to be going your way, finish it up.

Temporary visas are quick and easy (-ish) to get but they are what they are - temporary, and I said before, there is no "conversion", meaning you have to apply again under the rules that will be in place then. I"d say don't risk it, if the money is right, go for the temp sponsorship in parallel with your current process, at least you will start working right away, not like others having to spend weeks/months sitting on their hands looking.
Old May 22nd 2012, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gayle and Ross
Morning everyone

Looking for some advice....

We are currently in the process of applying for a skilled WA state visa through Go Matilda. We are at the second stage and the OH is writing his CDR at the moment.

He has recently been contacted by a recruitment agency in Perth as one of their clients is desperately looking for draughtsman. They are offering to sponsor us however we are not sure where that leaves us with Go Matilda.

I realise that the sponsored visa isnt a permanent visa however is it possible to convert this in country?

We're unsure whether to keep going through the process with Go Matilda or go down with the sponsored visa

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You could do both, I expect the sponsored visa is a temporary visa whereas you are talking to Go Matilda about the skilled migrant visa i.e. a permanent visa.

The temporary sponsored visa cannot be "converted " to a permanent visa, it is temporary and always will be. If you want to go permanent you will need to go through the process of applying for a permanent visa.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks to both of you for the info.
Old May 22nd 2012, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to ask Go Matilda the same thing! They need to know.
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I emailed them this afternoon and they gave me exactly the same info you guys did!! You should start up your own businesses haha! Thanks again
Old May 22nd 2012, 4:59 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gayle and Ross
Yeah I emailed them this afternoon and they gave me exactly the same info you guys did!! You should start up your own businesses haha! Thanks again
Thank you, tell your friends, we will be here all week
Old May 30th 2012, 8:42 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have just seen this thread.

* Is the Australian employer happy to sponsor for permanent residency, rather than a subclass 457 (long term temporary residency) visa? If so, this might mean a general skilled visa application is unnecessary.

* We assist clients with subclass 457 and employer sponsored (Employer Nomination Scheme and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme) permanent residency visa applications.

* Be aware that registered migration agents can sign a Decision Ready Checklist to accompany the nomination and visa applications lodged under the ENS and RSMS. Such applications are then fast tracked - typically progressing to a decision in a couple of weeks.

Best regards.