Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

SOL list-qualifications/experience question

SOL list-qualifications/experience question

Old May 2nd 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

mango4 will become famous soon enough
Default SOL list-qualifications/experience question

Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this one for me. We are currently 5 points short to qualify for visa. I already have a positive skills assessment from Vetassess, but didn't think we could claim 5 points for spouse as my OH does not have a degree.

However, have looked at SOL list and under intelligence officer 2219-19, which i think his job would cover, it states degree OR 5 years experience (not in addition to). I thought vetassess only assessed on quals but this seems to state otherwise.

Has anyone been successfully been assessed on experience for skills assmt?

Really would appreciate any help.

Many thanks
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOL list-qualifications/experience question

Originally Posted by mango4
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this one for me. We are currently 5 points short to qualify for visa. I already have a positive skills assessment from Vetassess, but didn't think we could claim 5 points for spouse as my OH does not have a degree.

However, have looked at SOL list and under intelligence officer 2219-19, which i think his job would cover, it states degree OR 5 years experience (not in addition to). I thought vetassess only assessed on quals but this seems to state otherwise.

Has anyone been successfully been assessed on experience for skills assmt?

Really would appreciate any help.

Many thanks
Not with VETASSESS they don't - does your husband have a diploma level qualification as you can then get him assessed in 40 point occupation with VETASSESS and argue his recent work experience is in a different skilled occupation like Intelligence Officer.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old May 2nd 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

However, have looked at SOL list and under intelligence officer 2219-19, which i think his job would cover, it states degree OR 5 years experience (not in addition to).
It's a lie!

I thought vetassess only assessed on quals ...
Correct, at the moment at least.

but this seems to state otherwise.
It's a lie I tell you.

I agree with Tony and can also tell you that Vetassess have confirmed to me categorically that they only assess qualifications NOT experience. DIAC have also confirmed they look for a positive skills assessment and tough luck if Vetassess dont want to give you one.
Sorry to bear bad news, it's just I've been there, done that, got frustrated at the stupid rules and the misleading "OR 5 years experience"!

Have you considered the $100k bond for the extra 5 points?
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi there

Thanks for replies, I think i knew what the answer would be but at the moment i am just clutching at straws. We are still 5 points short even with the investment unfortunately.

We started this process about 18 months ago, paid an agent who advised us we would qualify for visa. However, I had only just competed my qualification so i waited for the certificate (now I realise I didn't have to!) before applying to vetasses for my skills assessment. By the time that came through I had turned 35 year old so lost 5 points!! My agent bless him, had not advised me about these important little facts!!

Talk about frustrating process. But, heh we are still trying and may have the IELT test to look forward to......thats if they don't increase the points first.

Thanks again !
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

googy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the roughgoogy is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

Thanks for replies, I think i knew what the answer would be but at the moment i am just clutching at straws. We are still 5 points short even with the investment unfortunately.

We started this process about 18 months ago, paid an agent who advised us we would qualify for visa. However, I had only just competed my qualification so i waited for the certificate (now I realise I didn't have to!) before applying to vetasses for my skills assessment. By the time that came through I had turned 35 year old so lost 5 points!! My agent bless him, had not advised me about these important little facts!!

Talk about frustrating process. But, heh we are still trying and may have the IELT test to look forward to......thats if they don't increase the points first.

Thanks again !
If you apply after September, you could do the IELTs test and get 25 points - do you think you could get IELTS 7 in every band?
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Hopefully with a bit of practice!! (based on my terrible spelling and grammer on these posts!).

Just hope the investment option remains and the points don't increase before then though... Its quite expensive to sit the tests so I am going to wait a while and see if anything changes before 1st September. Any tips on achieving level 7 would be most welcome!

Thanks all