SOL and CSOL - state nomination

Old Mar 21st 2017, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

ayda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SOL and CSOL - state nomination

Gradually starting to become clear with the various processes but I have a question if anyone can help?

To apply for state nomination does your occupation have to be on both the SOL and CSOL? I ask because my occupation is flagged for possible removal from the SOL. I am waiting to sit the Ielts and am about to send off my skills assessment which can take up to 4 weeks.

The required docs page for Queensland state nomination asks for registration - which looks like I need to register with my professional body before submitting an EOI. That will also likely take me past the 1st July, with the risk of my occupation falling off the SOL. I have emailed BSMQ to clarify this.

Hope that makes sense.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 10:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SOL and CSOL - state nomination

Originally Posted by ayda
Gradually starting to become clear with the various processes but I have a question if anyone can help?

To apply for state nomination does your occupation have to be on both the SOL and CSOL? I ask because my occupation is flagged for possible removal from the SOL. I am waiting to sit the Ielts and am about to send off my skills assessment which can take up to 4 weeks.

The required docs page for Queensland state nomination asks for registration - which looks like I need to register with my professional body before submitting an EOI. That will also likely take me past the 1st July, with the risk of my occupation falling off the SOL. I have emailed BSMQ to clarify this.

Hope that makes sense.
Hi Ayda - for the 190 visa, which requires State nomination, your occupation only needs to be on the CSOL. For the 189, which is an independent visa, it needs to be on the SOL. Best of luck with your application.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

ayda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SOL and CSOL - state nomination

Thank you