Statutory Declaration

Old Nov 13th 2017, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Sipovey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Statutory Declaration

Hi Everyone,
Looking for some more information regarding our 189 visa, we have been requested to provide further information twice now for a police caution(assault). My Police certificate came back with no live trace and I informed immi that I had been involved in an incident back in 2004 but could not provide specific information other than receiving a caution. I was asked to provide a statement of events which I did and two months later we have been informed that it is not sufficient and to provide a Statutory Declaration. Now this is where I am confused and don't really know if they require the same statement in a different format signed and witnessed or the standard Australian Commonwealth Statutory Declaration.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 8:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Statutory Declaration

Originally Posted by Sipovey
Hi Everyone,
Looking for some more information regarding our 189 visa, we have been requested to provide further information twice now for a police caution(assault). My Police certificate came back with no live trace and I informed immi that I had been involved in an incident back in 2004 but could not provide specific information other than receiving a caution. I was asked to provide a statement of events which I did and two months later we have been informed that it is not sufficient and to provide a Statutory Declaration. Now this is where I am confused and don't really know if they require the same statement in a different format signed and witnessed or the standard Australian Commonwealth Statutory Declaration.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Have you made a freedom of information request for the full info from the police? Will tell you the exact date and offence.

Sorry, cant help further than that - hopefully someone else can offer further advice.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks Old Sparkles,

We have had full disclosure and it just comes back with No Live Trace and no further details. No dates or any thing, thankfully there are no actual convictions to worry about just wanted to be as honest as possible. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sipovey
Thanks Old Sparkles,

We have had full disclosure and it just comes back with No Live Trace and no further details. No dates or any thing, thankfully there are no actual convictions to worry about just wanted to be as honest as possible. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on it.
The 'No Live Trace' is the ACRO. You need to make a freedom of information request to get the full info. Your location is North Wales, so if that's the force involved try here - https://www.north-wales.police.uk/ac...of-information

If not just google 'freedom of information request xxxxxxxx police'
Old Nov 14th 2017, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Ok thats great I will chase that up.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

So, my partner spoke to the Notary Public who sorted out all of our other certificates and he thinks that a statement in the form of a Statutory Declaration witnessed and signed by him should be all that is required. Anyone had an experience like this?