Skills Assessment for CIMA Accountant

Old Oct 18th 2014, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

laura644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skills Assessment for CIMA Accountant

Hi, I have just finished my CIMA qualification and now ready to start the process to emigrate to Oz.

Just wondered if there were any other CIMA qualified accountants out there who have gone to Oz or in the process of applying - I am interested to know what your experience was like, in particular the first hurdle of getting a skills assessment.

I plan on using CPA. How straight forward was this, is it common for them to come back and request further info e.g. employment references etc? I am a little worried I might not have enough years work experience, I have just had a year off on maternity leave, but plan on going back to work (new role) soon.

Many Thanks

Laura
Old Oct 19th 2014, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skills Assessment for CIMA Accountant

Skills assessment for accountants is very easy, stupidly easy to be honest, which is fortunate for you and indeed me several years ago.

I have already advised on another thread, work experience does not even come into it. That is one of the reasons it is so easy for accountants. You can have this done in a few weeks or so. Actually I used ICAA, which is about two weeks, I think CPA is a bit longer.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skills Assessment for CIMA Accountant

I have recently done mine with CPA as a part qualified CIMA and Masters in Finance holder. They claimed 15 working days to process the application. Mine one was done the 12th working day. Immediate responses to my queries and excellent customer services team. I have also requested them to send me a soft copy of my assessment which they did. So, all in all, CPA = Highly recommended