Skilled VISA Enquiry for subclass 189, 190

Old Mar 11th 2016, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

asadsherazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled VISA Enquiry for subclass 189, 190

Hi i am an experienced software engineer and want to apply for Australian PR. By going through the DIBP website, i have found the following two visa options.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)

Question 01: I am currently living and working in Pakistan. Am i eligible to apply for both of these visa options ?

Question 02: Also where can i apply to get the 'letter of invitation' ?

Question 03: My elder brother has Australian PR and living and working in Australia for the past four years. Can i get any point because of this?

Question 04: Can i apply for NSW State sponsorship by my self? Whats the procedure ?
Old Mar 11th 2016, 11:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled VISA Enquiry for subclass 189, 190

Originally Posted by asadsherazi
Hi i am an experienced software engineer and want to apply for Australian PR. By going through the DIBP website, i have found the following two visa options.

Question 01: I am currently living and working in Pakistan. Am i eligible to apply for both of these visa options ?

Question 03: My elder brother has Australian PR and living and working in Australia for the past four years. Can i get any point because of this?

Question 04: Can i apply for NSW State sponsorship by my self? Whats the procedure ?
To be eligible to apply for a skilled visa, you need an occupation on the SOL or CSOL - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL (the top part is the SOL) If you have an occupation on the list, you need to see if you can pass the skills assessment for that occupation, and meet the required points total. There is a section for the points here - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189- If the occupation is on the SOL you are eligible to apply for 189 if you meet criteria, if it is CSOL only you will need sponsorship. If you are looking for State Sponsorship (190) then you need to see if your occupation is on the State list and follow whatever rules they have.

If you believe you can pass the skills assessment and points test, then you will need to get your skills assessed before you do anything else. The assessing body will have on their sites what evidence you need.

You will also need evidence of English ability - IELTS or similar.

Once you have a valid skills assessment, and proof of English, you can lodge an EOI on skill select. This will calculate your points for you. If you need state sponsorship, you can apply for this at this stage. Some states select from EOI's lodged (not sure on NSW - you may have to lodge an interest with them and see if selected there too)

If you have enough points though, or are sponsored, you will receive an invitation to apply for a visa from DIBP.

Your brother is not worth any points - he should have been able to give you a lot of information though.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
To be eligible to apply for a skilled visa, you need an occupation on the SOL or CSOL - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/...ons-lists/CSOL (the top part is the SOL) If you have an occupation on the list, you need to see if you can pass the skills assessment for that occupation, and meet the required points total. There is a section for the points here - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/189- If the occupation is on the SOL you are eligible to apply for 189 if you meet criteria, if it is CSOL only you will need sponsorship. If you are looking for State Sponsorship (190) then you need to see if your occupation is on the State list and follow whatever rules they have.

If you believe you can pass the skills assessment and points test, then you will need to get your skills assessed before you do anything else. The assessing body will have on their sites what evidence you need.

You will also need evidence of English ability - IELTS or similar.

Once you have a valid skills assessment, and proof of English, you can lodge an EOI on skill select. This will calculate your points for you. If you need state sponsorship, you can apply for this at this stage. Some states select from EOI's lodged (not sure on NSW - you may have to lodge an interest with them and see if selected there too)

If you have enough points though, or are sponsored, you will receive an invitation to apply for a visa from DIBP.

Your brother is not worth any points - he should have been able to give you a lot of information though.
Hi thanks for the detailed reply. It has sorted out most of my confusions. My brother is quite helpful but has out-dated information.. he came on 175 PR VISA long back ago.

I am not yet clear about how to apply for the state sponsorship. Where can i lodge my interest with NSW for the state sponsorship? Any link would be must appreciated.

Is there any state sponsorship offered by Victoria as well? (as my brother live there so VIC is definitely my first preference)
Old Mar 12th 2016, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the detailed reply. It has sorted out most of my confusions. My brother is quite helpful but has out-dated information.. he came on 175 PR VISA long back ago.

I am not yet clear about how to apply for the state sponsorship. Where can i lodge my interest with NSW for the state sponsorship? Any link would be must appreciated.

Is there any state sponsorship offered by Victoria as well? (as my brother live there so VIC is definitely my first preference)
If you google State Sponsorship, and then the name of each State or Territory, you'll find a site for each one.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi i am an experienced software engineer and want to apply for Australian PR.
Again? According to your previous posts, you were granted PR in 2011:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...3/#post9471790
Old Mar 12th 2016, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi teejaydee, that was my brother.. he recommended me this website and gave his account details
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi teejaydee, that was my brother.. he recommended me this website and gave his account details
This could get very confusing, you would be advised to start your own account, then people will not be confusing you with your brother, or getting confused themselves.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your account on this forum is supposed to be personal to you and passwords shouldn't be shared, its a basic security issue! Please open your own account.

Quite apart from that, as you can see it just causes confusion to people trying to help you.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Your account on this forum is supposed to be personal to you and passwords shouldn't be shared, its a basic security issue! Please open your own account.

Quite apart from that, as you can see it just causes confusion to people trying to help you.
You are right, my mistake.. I'll close this account and will create my own account now. You can consider deleting this thread if you like.. thanks.
Old Mar 12th 2016, 3:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You are right, my mistake.. I'll close this account and will create my own account now. You can consider deleting this thread if you like.. thanks.
You can't close your own account, and it's better left anyway so that your brother can still use it if needed. The thread wouldn't be deleted either, as it may be of use to others searching the forum in the future.

So all you need to do is open your own account and start posting under that.

HTH.
Old Apr 18th 2016, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

blue_bird is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a question about both subclasses. We lodged an EOI both for subclass 189 and 190 for NSW and received invitation to apply for nomination from them. We went for it and applied. We are doing it by ourselves but would like to finish it (if invited) with MARA agent. After lodging application with NSW for their invitation we let it know to the agent and got a reply that now we will not quilify for subclass 189. Is that right or the agent misunderstood us and got our email wrong thinking that we have lodged application for visa under subclass 190?
Old Apr 19th 2016, 3:57 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to know if the agent misunderstood is to ask the agent.
However isn't 189 for those who applied for state sponsorship?

Last edited by teza; Apr 19th 2016 at 4:00 am.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 4:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
The only way to know if the agent misunderstood is to ask the agent.
However isn't 189 for those who applied for state sponsorship?
189 is skilled independent, 190 is state sponsored. Occupations on the SOL are eligible for 189.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 4:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by blue_bird
I have a question about both subclasses. We lodged an EOI both for subclass 189 and 190 for NSW and received invitation to apply for nomination from them. We went for it and applied. We are doing it by ourselves but would like to finish it (if invited) with MARA agent. After lodging application with NSW for their invitation we let it know to the agent and got a reply that now we will not quilify for subclass 189. Is that right or the agent misunderstood us and got our email wrong thinking that we have lodged application for visa under subclass 190?
Ask the agent why they believe you don't qualify. Otherwise you risk a refusal.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 5:38 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
189 is skilled independent, 190 is state sponsored. Occupations on the SOL are eligible for 189.
Sorry my mistake, brain fart moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.