Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

skilled independent visa without experience

skilled independent visa without experience

Old Jan 12th 2017, 10:16 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skilled independent visa without experience

Originally Posted by teza
NZ is a whole different country with its own rules. Why should that relate to Australia?
I guess from a relatively clueless outsider perspective like mine they often seem a little similar.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 12:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I guess from a relatively clueless outsider perspective like mine they often seem a little similar.
Like Canada and the US seem similar to an outsider? Look at how different their immigration systems are!
Old Jan 12th 2017, 12:56 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Like Canada and the US seem similar to an outsider? Look at how different their immigration systems are!
Definitely. The difference in my case at least though is that I have first hand experience of dealing with the immigration authorities in both of those.

The only reason I mentioned it is because NZ is the only country AFAIK that has extended its WHV program to people over the age of 30.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:02 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as a Kiwi myself I concur. Although we work together in many areas, we are indeed proudly independent from Australia - of course, every now and then that old suggestion rears its head about NZ and Australia uniting politically (usually coming from right wing Australian politicians). That will never happen!
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
of course, every now and then that old suggestion rears its head about NZ and Australia uniting politically (usually coming from right wing Australian politicians). That will never happen!
What as in the two countries would start to take a more common approach in international affairs or that literally the two countries would become one larger nation state?
Old Jan 12th 2017, 1:57 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

As ridiculous as it sounds, the later option has been put forward every now and again by fringe politicians. I don't think anyone takes this seriously though.
Old Jan 12th 2017, 7:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well, as a Kiwi myself I concur. Although we work together in many areas, we are indeed proudly independent from Australia - of course, every now and then that old suggestion rears its head about NZ and Australia uniting politically (usually coming from right wing Australian politicians). That will never happen!
I think you'll find that most Aussies prefer the status quo too, we love our Kiwi cousins over the ditch but we also care about the welfare of our sheep.
(gawd, I hope you have a sense of humour!)
Old Jan 13th 2017, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I think you'll find that most Aussies prefer the status quo too, we love our Kiwi cousins over the ditch but we also care about the welfare of our sheep.
(gawd, I hope you have a sense of humour!)
Absolutely! I hope you'll agree that our wine is better than yours though! ;-)
Old Jan 13th 2017, 9:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Well I for one will drink to that.
Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely agree about your whites, especially from Marlborough! Our reds are better though