Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skilled Independent (subclass 175) Cost and Processing Times

Skilled Independent (subclass 175) Cost and Processing Times

Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Smith Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Independent (subclass 175) Cost and Processing Times

Originally Posted by fraz1019
Hello Dorothy,
I am disturbing u again,
Can u please guide me about documents upload. have to upload orignal scanned documents or certified photocopy scanned documents?? etc....
Hi I did have problems sending my documents online. In the end I gave up and sent them by recorded post. It worked! Good luck Jenx
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:22 am
Just Joined

fraz1019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You can scan originals or certified copies. Either way.

Helllo Everybody,
I had applied for visa (175) online last week. My wife is also included in that application with me. Can any body tell me that what will happen next i mean what to do and after how long they will be able to comment on my application or communicate with me. and after how long I will be able to get visa if applicable.

Fraz
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Helllo Everybody,
I had applied for visa (175) online last week. My wife is also included in that application with me. Can any body tell me that what will happen next i mean what to do and after how long they will be able to comment on my application or communicate with me. and after how long I will be able to get visa if applicable.

Fraz
First thing you will need to do is scan and upload the required documents. After that you can sit back and expect to wait at least 6 months to hear from them again. If you are from a high risk country you can reasonably expect to wait closer to 9 months. Visa grants are taking anywhere from 6-12 months on average for low risk countries and 9-18 months for high risk.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:47 am
Just Joined

fraz1019 is an unknown quantity at this point

First thing you will need to do is scan and upload the required documents. After that you can sit back and expect to wait at least 6 months to hear from them again. If you are from a high risk country you can reasonably expect to wait closer to 9 months. Visa grants are taking anywhere from 6-12 months on average for low risk countries and 9-18 months for high risk.
But I want to ask that when they will send me acknowledgment of application, or when they will send me information about case officer. and when they can about medical and character certificate????
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

But I want to ask that when they will send me acknowledgment of application
If you apply online your application is acknowledged as soon as you submit your payment. You get a TRN, which is your acknowledgement.
, or when they will send me information about case officer
See answer above. At least 6 months for low risk countries and at least 9 for high risk countries.
and when they can about medical and character certificate????
Your case officer will ask you for these when he or she wants the information. Usually in about 9 months after you submit your application.
I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess not.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Hi, just so people are aware, we are from the UK and ours took 9.5 months in total, so do expect to have to wait but it is worth it in the end.

Kind regards

Lou xx