Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Skill Assessment For Bachelor Of Computer science

Skill Assessment For Bachelor Of Computer science

Old May 24th 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

waqasyaqub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skill Assessment For Bachelor Of Computer science

I have degree in Bachelors of Computer science and i am doing job as "Telecommunication Engineer".
Please let me know from where i start and get my skill assessment?
Old May 24th 2012, 8:10 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skill Assessment For Bachelor Of Computer science

Originally Posted by waqasyaqub
I have degree in Bachelors of Computer science and i am doing job as "Telecommunication Engineer".
Please let me know from where i start and get my skill assessment?
Welcome to the forum!

According to the SOL, the assessing authority for telecommunications engineer is Engineers Australia. There are more details on that website about the skills assessment there.
Old May 25th 2012, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Yes i know this but i have degree of Bachelors of computer science.Not Engineering degree.can i apply for Engineers Australia for my assessment? Or i have to apply to Australian computer society?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:53 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i know this but i have degree of Bachelors of computer science.Not Engineering degree.can i apply for Engineers Australia for my assessment? Or i have to apply to Australian computer society?
If you knew it, why ask? ACS don't assess people for telecommunications engineer. You would need to be assessed by EA.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

sabedin is an unknown quantity at this point

EA will not assess your application rather they will tell to assess it by ACS...and ACS wont assess your application because your job description will not matched by ACS category...
by the what kind of work you r doing? can you tell in details??
Old May 29th 2012, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
EA will not assess your application rather they will tell to assess it by ACS...and ACS wont assess your application because your job description will not matched by ACS category...
by the what kind of work you r doing? can you tell in details??
So what do you suggest the OP does? The SOL lists their assessment body as EA, so that is who they need to approach - at the very least to find out what they need to do next.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

they just believe in one thing...the releavent job experience..if you study in computer science and do telecom job....that means you not doing releavent job..
Old May 29th 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by sabedin
they just believe in one thing...the releavent job experience..if you study in computer science and do telecom job....that means you not doing releavent job..
What are you on about?
Old May 29th 2012, 10:59 am
Just Joined

i am currently working as Telecommunication engineer in RF(Radio Frequency) department. My job Responsibilities are doing drive test and optimization of respective mobile operator network by changing soft parameters as well as hard parameters of that network.
Old May 29th 2012, 11:05 am

i am currently working as Telecommunication engineer in RF(Radio Frequency) department. My job Responsibilities are doing drive test and optimization of respective mobile operator network by changing soft parameters as well as hard parameters of that network.
Have you contacted EA?
Old May 29th 2012, 11:11 am
Just Joined

yes i have contacted Engineers Australia i get following response

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please do not fall into the trap of confusing Computer Network Engineering (ANZSCO 263111 - assessable by ACS) with Telecommunications/Telecommunications Network Engineering (ANZSCO 263312 - assessable by Engineers Australia).

With your particular qualification, I suggest that ACS [email protected] may be the more appropriate assessing authority for you. Since 1 July 2010, I regret we are simply not authorised to assess in Software or Computer Engineering occupations."

i have now sent email to ACS and waiting for their reply.......
Old May 29th 2012, 11:24 am

yes i have contacted Engineers Australia i get following response

"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please do not fall into the trap of confusing Computer Network Engineering (ANZSCO 263111 - assessable by ACS) with Telecommunications/Telecommunications Network Engineering (ANZSCO 263312 - assessable by Engineers Australia).

With your particular qualification, I suggest that ACS [email protected] may be the more appropriate assessing authority for you. Since 1 July 2010, I regret we are simply not authorised to assess in Software or Computer Engineering occupations."

i have now sent email to ACS and waiting for their reply.......
If your experience is in telecommunications engineering, then I don't think ACS are likely to be able to help. I hope you hear something soon.
Old May 29th 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

please tell the reply of ACS...
Old May 29th 2012, 11:44 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
If your experience is in telecommunications engineering, then I don't think ACS are likely to be able to help. I hope you hear something soon.
computer network engineering is indeed one of the kind of "engineering" assessed by the ACS, and it has nothing to do with telco. ACS may issue a positive assessment on experience alone, regardless of education (though it must be relevant) and EA may issue a positive assessment on education alone, regardless of experience (again, must be relevant). Here it looks like a unfortunate combo that either one is not a good fit for.
Old May 29th 2012, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by newjersey
computer network engineering is indeed one of the kind of "engineering" assessed by the ACS, and it has nothing to do with telco. ACS may issue a positive assessment on experience alone, regardless of education (though it must be relevant) and EA may issue a positive assessment on education alone, regardless of experience (again, must be relevant). Here it looks like a unfortunate combo that either one is not a good fit for.
It does seem like an area that DIAC should really provide a greater clarification on. I do feel for applicants in this situation. They're stuck between a rock & a hard place. They're told by DIAC it's EA, yet EA don't want to touch it because of their IT qualifications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.