SIR495 TO PR for non-main applicant?

Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:42 am
m2A
Just Joined

m2A is an unknown quantity at this point
Question SIR495 TO PR for non-main applicant?

We are heading towards Adelaide somewhere in November 08 and my OH (main applicant) cannot move that soon due to job commitment. My question is:

Will it be a major hiccup if I am the only one that meet the 1 year job/2 years resident and try to apply for PR although I am not the main applicant initially? Will the process be more complicated and expensive?

Anyone in the similar situation?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

dhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: SIR495 TO PR for non-main applicant?

Originally Posted by m2A
We are heading towards Adelaide somewhere in November 08 and my OH (main applicant) cannot move that soon due to job commitment. My question is:

Will it be a major hiccup if I am the only one that meet the 1 year job/2 years resident and try to apply for PR although I am not the main applicant initially? Will the process be more complicated and expensive?

I am on the similar boat but not the same. As I am the main applicant & my wife is the secondary. But my wife is considering to finish her graduation before moving there. I will be there after getting my visa & my wife will go & validate hers.

But now the question is: Will it hamper my/our PR??
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

sriram4success is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by m2A

DIAC has relaxed their requirements. Either you/your spouse can become the main applicant at the PR stage. But one of you must have worked 1 year and lived 2 years. Hope this helps

Sriram
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:29 am
m2A
Just Joined

m2A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sriram4success
DIAC has relaxed their requirements. Either you/your spouse can become the main applicant at the PR stage. But one of you must have worked 1 year and lived 2 years. Hope this helps

Sriram
Tks Sriram. I am glad to hear that.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Dave P is on a distinguished road

Hi Sriram
Interested in your reply about the 1 year working and 2 year residency being relaxed and not solely applying to the main applicant. Where did you get this info from? I am interested as I am on a provisional visa.

Any info you have would be appreciated

Cheers
Dave
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave P
Hi Sriram
Interested in your reply about the 1 year working and 2 year residency being relaxed and not solely applying to the main applicant. Where did you get this info from? I am interested as I am on a provisional visa.

Any info you have would be appreciated

Cheers
Dave
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ration/sir.htm

If still confused, get professional advice.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Both of us qualified for a 475 visa as main applicant, so we had to make a judgement call as to who would be the best main applicant. Therefore, we looked into this question in some depth and concluded that it is better for the main applicant on the temp visa to be the main applicant on the PR visa.

The main reasons being;

1. Only the main applicant on the temp visa qualifies for the age waiver. (A problem if you are close to 45)

2. Only the main applicant on the temp visa qualifies for the waiver of the Skills assessment. (Provided you are nominating the same occupation in your permanent visa application that you nominated in your provisional visa application.)

If you nominate a different occupation then a new skills assessment may be required anyway.

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Both of us qualified for a 475 visa as main applicant, so we had to make a judgement call as to who would be the best main applicant. Therefore, we looked into this question in some depth and concluded that it is better for the main applicant on the temp visa to be the main applicant on the PR visa.

The main reasons being;

1. Only the main applicant on the temp visa qualifies for the age waiver. (A problem if you are close to 45)

2. Only the main applicant on the temp visa qualifies for the waiver of the Skills assessment. (Provided you are nominating the same occupation in your permanent visa application that you nominated in your provisional visa application.)

If you nominate a different occupation then a new skills assessment may be required anyway.
You may wish to re-do your research as none of this applies to the subclass 887 visa (in force from 1 Sept 2007).
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You may wish to re-do your research as none of this applies to the subclass 887 visa (in force from 1 Sept 2007).
Thanks JAJ - we did our research a long time ago as you guessed and haven't had to look into this issue again. Just read the 887 conditions and it seems, (at a quick glance) that either applicant can apply under any work experience. Couldn't find any mention of the age waiver, but didn't investigate in any great detail.