Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

RRV (Resident Return Visa) via Employment Ties

RRV (Resident Return Visa) via Employment Ties

Old Jun 6th 2015, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

celerius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV (Resident Return Visa) via Employment Ties

Employment ties: To prove you have employment ties to Australia, you must show that you are currently employed, or have a formal offer of employment in Australia, or are employed overseas by an Australian organisation, or are able to show that your employment by a non-Australian organisation has a demonstrable benefit to Australia, for example, working as a representative of Australia for an international organisation.
May I know specifically, what do we need to show DIAC when they ask for a formal offer of employment in Australia?
  1. A one page letter that states that they're offering me a position as a <position> within their company?
  2. An entire contract with all the terms and conditions, annual salary, and signed by the company as well as myself (to show acceptance)?
I've search this forum and read in another thread that an applicant also submitted a letter from her prospective employer detailing her unique skills to justify the need of hiring someone from outside Australia. Is this actually necessary?
Old Jun 6th 2015, 11:50 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV (Resident Return Visa) via Employment Ties

Originally Posted by celerius
May I know specifically, what do we need to show DIAC when they ask for a formal offer of employment in Australia?
  1. A one page letter that states that they're offering me a position as a <position> within their company?
  2. An entire contract with all the terms and conditions, annual salary, and signed by the company as well as myself (to show acceptance)?
I've search this forum and read in another thread that an applicant also submitted a letter from her prospective employer detailing her unique skills to justify the need of hiring someone from outside Australia. Is this actually necessary?
when did your PR visa expire and how much time have you spent in Australia?

If you have an employment offer, I would think the offer letter is all that's needed.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
when did your PR visa expire and how much time have you spent in Australia?

If you have an employment offer, I would think the offer letter is all that's needed.
Hi old.sparkles,

Thank you for replying. Expired in 2009 and I spent less than 2 years in Australia due to an immediate family's illness spanning many years till her death. It'll be an application with employment ties and compelling reason and I'll be using a migration agent to do this. I just wanted to know specifically what documentation is required from the prospective employer as if they have to justify reasons for a hire from overseas as opposed to locals, they may not want to hire me anymore.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 12:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by celerius
Hi old.sparkles,

Thank you for replying. Expired in 2009 and I spent less than 2 years in Australia due to an immediate family's illness spanning many years till her death. It'll be an application with employment ties and compelling reason and I'll be using a migration agent to do this. I just wanted to know specifically what documentation is required from the prospective employer as if they have to justify reasons for a hire from overseas as opposed to locals, they may not want to hire me anymore.
If you plan on using an agent, they will be able to give you all the correct advice - make sure any agent you use is MARA registered though.
Old Jun 7th 2015, 12:23 am
Just Joined

Thank you for that advice! I'll bear that in mind.