Job removal from skilled lists.

Old Jan 21st 2018, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

MV333 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job removal from skilled lists.

Looking for some info from anyone literally anyone who can help. Is there anyway of knowing what job are likely to be removed from the skilled occupation lists, me and my partner are trying to figure out what jobs we could train in to secure a visa. But don't know what to do as we don't know when certain jobs will be removed.
Matty
Old Jan 21st 2018, 8:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job removal from skilled lists.

Originally Posted by MV333
Looking for some info from anyone literally anyone who can help. Is there anyway of knowing what job are likely to be removed from the skilled occupation lists, me and my partner are trying to figure out what jobs we could train in to secure a visa. But don't know what to do as we don't know when certain jobs will be removed.
Matty
Yes, DoHA knows. However mone of us here works for the immigration department and unfortunately my crystal ball is on the fritz.

What career interets you? If I said nuclear physics will get you a visa would you study that? Seriously, if you want to study do it for yourself and not to get a visa to another country. What do you and your partner do now? What's your education, etc?

Edited to add: Did you read the link I provided in your last thread?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, DoHA knows. However mone of us here works for the immigration department and unfortunately my crystal ball is on the fritz.
Mine's working, but it goes all cloudy whenever I approach it muttering about DOHA
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Never train for a job in hopes of getting a visa. Go for what thrills you with delight and a joy of going to work every day, you’re going to have to do it for a long time until you die. Given that you’re thinking of training (and then getting several years experience to go with it) nobody’s crystal ball is going to be that good. You could try a psychic or tarot card reader I guess, they’d be just about as reliable.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:16 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anyway of knowing what job are likely to be removed from the skilled occupation lists

Unfortunately not. Even your finest tarot cards and bespoke crystal balls will not be able to penetrate the veil that separates us from the dark recesses of DOHA.

So train to do something you actually want to do and are good at, rather than planning around immigration policy - it's fickle and ever changing.

Regards,

Richard
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

MV333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for the responses. Much appreciated