Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Reputable migration agent for a 457 visa gone wrong onshore

Reputable migration agent for a 457 visa gone wrong onshore

Old Sep 4th 2017, 3:36 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reputable migration agent for a 457 visa gone wrong onshore

Hi guys,

Whilst happily in Australia myself for years, I have a friend on a 457 visa that's turned into an horror exploitation scenario. Being able to see the bigger picture, she's put up with it thinking that once it's transitioned to PR it would have been worth it.

However, as luck would not have it, the recent changes to the 457 removed her occupation from the MTSSL leaving it only on the STSOL. She has been told that this removes her ability to transition to PR.

There is an opportunity for changing employer to a regional area 187 visa. But she's painfully aware that this locks her into another 2 years and must move home to the middle of nowhere. Leaving no guarantee that the role she's moving to will succeed or lead to PR.

She's in need of some advice and professional assistance. Could someone recommend an shore migration agent who can asses the situation and then help with the application if there is an onward pathway?

I know years ago Alan Colette was quite active on here, but no doubt times change.

Cheers in advance.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 5:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reputable migration agent for a 457 visa gone wrong onshore

Originally Posted by Centurion
Hi guys,

Whilst happily in Australia myself for years, I have a friend on a 457 visa that's turned into an horror exploitation scenario. Being able to see the bigger picture, she's put up with it thinking that once it's transitioned to PR it would have been worth it.

However, as luck would not have it, the recent changes to the 457 removed her occupation from the MTSSL leaving it only on the STSOL. She has been told that this removes her ability to transition to PR.

There is an opportunity for changing employer to a regional area 187 visa. But she's painfully aware that this locks her into another 2 years and must move home to the middle of nowhere. Leaving no guarantee that the role she's moving to will succeed or lead to PR.

She's in need of some advice and professional assistance. Could someone recommend an shore migration agent who can asses the situation and then help with the application if there is an onward pathway?

I know years ago Alan Colette was quite active on here, but no doubt times change.

Cheers in advance.
I was going to say Alan. Or George Lonbard in Sydney.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reputable migration agent for a 457 visa gone wrong onshore

Go Matilda